Radio question of the day: 08/24/06

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last month I got a warning because a headlight was out. I said that I knew it and I just noticed it that night. Well, it had actually been out for a couple of months.

I lied to a police officer. I was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad girl.

A new headlight was installed 2 days later. (Thank you, Uncle Bob!)

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only gotten one ticket in seven years of driving and it was for *drumroll*

Turning on a yellow light. Seriously. I swear that I hit the intersection as the light turned yellow, so I kept going, and the lady pulled me over and gave me a very expensive ticket for "running the red light" anyways.
I went to Defensive Driving to have it removed from my record, and the instructor had us introduce ourselves and our offense to the group. So there were lots of "Hi, I'm so and so, and I'm a speeder" and then me "Hi, I'm Pam, and I turned on a yellow light." To which of course, the whole room groans.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Multiple tickets..speeding, not coming to a complete stop, something about not using proper precautions in hazardous conditions (speeding in the rain!), I've literally driven without my seatbelt two times in my life, and got a ticket for each. On the way to my prom, I was putting my seatbelt on as I turned onto the main road, and got pulled over even then. In the circumstance, he gave me a warning, also have had a warning for having a headlight out and another for not having the current sticker to my tag on the license plate. With all of the moving violations, I've had an excellent lawyer except one when I went to court myself.

I'm currently needing to get a lawyer to help me take care of the most recent. This one is the most pointless I've had, running a red light and having a bald tire. Somebody get that tire a wig!
The tire part will be dropped since I've had it replaced. That light was yellow, I tell you! My pfj is already used, so I'm needing to try to get it taken off to prevent an increase in my insurance. What a pain.

Boy, I didn't realize how many it has been until posting it all here. I sound like a pretty lousy driver!

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Only 2:

1: driving under age - actually I was speeding too but the cop only gave me a ticket for the other.

2: speeding - when asked why I was going so fast I explained that I thought Pennsylvania was boring to drive thru and that I was relying on my cop detection device to alert me in time so as not to get caught. Cop was not amused but did recommend I return the device. I paid almost $300 for that ticket.

Other than that I've been a street law abiding citizen

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope...I have never even gotten pulled over before!