Radio question of the day: 05/09/05

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you see/talk to your mother yesterday? If so, did you bring/send her a present?

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom is real sick so we merely just stopped by. I brought her a big Lilac scented candle & a card my daughter made. We hugged & left so she could spend her day alone!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw both moms yesterday
We spent the afternoon at the beach with Bradley's mom. Then we went to my apt. and cooked a special meal for my mom. She has Celiac Disease, which means she cannot eat anything with wheat, rye, barley, hops, etc. (anything with gluten), so I made her a meal of things she can eat: paid thai shrimp and hot&sour soup. She really loved being able to eat a meal that was SAFE for her with her kids

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Unfortunately, the only way to see my mother is with my heart.
I still miss her even after so many years

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did get to see my father yesterday.
I'm sure she was smiling down on you yesterday Heidi

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh Heidi...
my prayers with your Mommie! :hugs RIP to her...

In MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico the Mothers day is tomorrow, and of course I´ll to see her!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I really raised my mother instead of vice-versa, I did see her on Mother's Day. I took her to a cookout my best friend had. I got her a gold necklace with 3 stacked hearts and inside each heart was my grandmother's birth stone, her birth stone, and my birth stone. I got the same one for my grandma

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Although I really raised my mother instead of vice-versa, I did see her on Mother's Day. I took her to a cookout my best friend had. I got her a gold necklace with 3 stacked hearts and inside each heart was my grandmother's birth stone, her birth stone, and my birth stone. I got the same one for my grandma
That is such a neat gift idea Kelly (even if your mom does have some big, mean doggies!)!

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i took my daughter and went to my mother's house yesterday...i made a huge painting for her for mothers day and she bought me a butterfly bush!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I saw my mom yesterday. In fact, I had spent the night at my parents house the night before. I gave both my grandmother (who lives with my parents) and my mom a card, and I gave my mom a windchime. The windchime (my mother loves windchimes) had a bunny on the top (she's had a bunny collection for years), all sorts of gardening tools and things along the chime (my mom loves to garden), and said "My Secret Garden" mixed along the chimes (one of mom's favorite stories as a little girl and one she still uses as a teacher today) so there were many reasons for me to buy that particular one! It's actually quite lovely!

My Aunt Betsy, cousin Stacey, and her daughter Selena (a cute 3 year old) all drove from Kissimmee to my parents house and my Uncle Charlie and Aunt Robin were both in town for a vacation from Western NY so all of us (and my dad included) headed up to my brother and his wife's place and enjoyed a delicious brunch! Camille (brother's wife) is a great baker and cook! It was really lovely to be with so much family yesterday!!

Oh...and Waffle gave me a meowmy's day card. She had my mom give it to me for her though!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I saw her. We go to church together every Sunday. I got her a new Iced Tea Maker (one of the three quart ones) to replace her old one that only makes a quart at a time. And a basket of bath/shower goodies. Her birthday was on the 5th so, it was a mix of Mother's Day/Birthday gifts.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, didn't see mine yesterday, gave her card and gifts to her Saturday night. As Heidi says, the only way to see Charlies mom is with our hearts. Yesterday was kind of tough on him, being the first Mothers' day since she passed......

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw my mom and both of my grandmothers yesterday, and I got my mom flowers and a card. Then we went to my bf's mom's house where we spent the evening. Somehow those family filled days are always so stressful.. Oh well.

jazzy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is embarrassing, I have to admit that I did not talk to her, but we went to Jake's grandparents though, his mom was there too.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called my mom, Tybalt called his, and we send both of them e-cards and real cards too. My mom and my aunt (her sister) decided months ago that they wanted to go out together to brunch for the day, and they said they had a blast!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ditto

We did talk to Rob's Mum last night, although we didn't get to see her this time. She put her foot down and told him he wasn't to make the trip. Rob's back isn't really up to the travel yet, but maybe soon.