Radio question of the day: 05/08/06

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so afraid of needles that I tend to swing at the person trying to inject or draw anything from or into me. It's a horribly embarassing thing.
So I've learned to have Brad hold my hand and will squeeze his until it turns purple so I don't try to hit the nurse. I had to do that recently when they drew 2 vials of blood in Ia City, I was SO scared.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will admit that my last jabbing experience was less than delightful.

I went into the ER for terrible ulcer pains and of course they had to stick a catheter line in my vein for blood draws and I can't remember what the IV drip was.

An EMT intern did the jab (or should I say jabs?) I was his first ever

My poor hand was so bruised.
He told me beforehand that I was his first jab.

I told him with a smile that somebody has to be his first, it may as well be someone that could take it with good nature

I hope at least that I was casual enough for him to relax while doing it

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate getting shots but I am not squemish. i just don't like the sore muscles afterwards.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actully fainted the last needle i had
, i've worked myself up about them so much now, i dont think ill ever have one again

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Needles are ok except for dental work. I grew up having a dentist that never used shots when filling teeth or other dental work. So if I had to have a filling for example DO NOT use novacaine or any type of shot. Its actually a bit faster !!!