Radio question of the day: 03/26/07

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any set formal budge, but I know what we can and cannot afford (without going under in credit card debt!) and there is a set amount that I don't like my checking account to dip below.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I budget. Have to since Mom is on Social Security and I'm on disability.

But I make room in the budget for chocolate.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Are you budget conscious or do you throw caution to the wind?
Well it depends on what I want. Since I'm looking into a new house I'm a littl emore budget conscious, but usually I just spend and hope.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It depends on the day.

I guess you could say that I budget because I have bills that are pretty much the same from month to month and usually I don't spend too much other things.

Then there are the days when I shop on line and $20 here and $30 there ends up to be a lot more than I planned.

I try not to have too many of those days.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck no way... With 3 huge boys I have to budget like mad and payday is only 1x a month... Now Abby on the way I have to do it more.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I budget, my mum taught me how when I got my first part time job as a teenager

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone also shop looking at the size and oz and what the better deal is.. I even clip a coupon if I have to.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While we don't have a strict budget our fixed expenses vary little from month to month.
Of course our income took a bit hit when my office closed and wth me being self employed I am not earning what I used to. But on the other hand I don't spend nearly what I did on clothes, shoes etc for a office job. (*Sigh*)
We save quite a bit each month and leave just a minimal amount in the checking acct for groceries, gas etc....
I get "accused" however of still spending too much-I mean if you are going to repaint a room you are going to need new decorating items-right???
I shop sales and use coupons when I can though.