Radio question of the day: 02/16/07

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, I've had people not like me in the past cause of jealousy.... I mean, I have alot of nice material things....alot of nice jewlery, clothes, and a nice car.....and I've had "friends" (not friends anymore...) talking about me to one another in a mean way....because they were either "house poor" or "child poor" and didn't have the extra's I had.....but in reality, what they already had and took for granted were (a house & a child) the things that I want most in the world and haven't been able to have....

also, I was not the type to say "look what I have" all the time, I was the type to say "oh your going to the shore for the weekend? let's trade cars, do you want to borrow my convertible for your trip?" that's what I get for being nice! The main girl who did that to me was my maid of honor, I gave her 1/2 ctw princess cut diamond stud earrings for her 21st birthday!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

well, I've had people not like me in the past cause of jealousy.... I mean, I have alot of nice material things....alot of nice jewlery, clothes, and a nice car.....and I've had "friends" (not friends anymore...) talking about me to one another in a mean way....because they were either "house poor" or "child poor" and didn't have the extra's I had.....but in reality, what they already had and took for granted were (a house & a child) the things that I want most in the world and haven't been able to have....

also, I was not the type to say "look what I have" all the time, I was the type to say "oh your going to the shore for the weekend? let's trade cars, do you want to borrow my convertible for your trip?" that's what I get for being nice! The main girl who did that to me was my maid of honor, I gave her 1/2 ctw princess cut diamond stud earrings for her 21st birthday!
The irony is, if you didn't have the money and nice things, your "friends" would look down on you.

I learned a long time ago that you can't please people either way.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

The irony is, if you didn't have the money and nice things, your "friends" would look down on you.

I learned a long time ago that you can't please people either way.
yeah, and all my friends that I had before this girl, she went and told each of them horrible things I supposedly said about them.....I am not friends with any of them now, and she is still friends with all of my friends that I introduced her to.
I didn't even know what was going on for the longest time, I kept thinking "why are they snubbing me?!" and my DH would tell me I'm imagining things....come to find out that she was poisoning them all against me for months...and being nice & sweet to my face.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'm just a little opinionated, and I have no qualms expressing those opinions.
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

because I talk too much.
Originally Posted by silentNate

I'm rather outspoken and critical at times
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Probably because i don't sit on the fence if something has to be said, in other words i'm a no nonsense woman!
Originally Posted by okeefecl

Because I'm stubborn and I hold a grudge.
Dang, you peeps took all my answers....

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I give off a "snobby" vibe....BUT I am sooooooooooooooo not snobby.
It might be that Canuck accent of yours....

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

We should SO be best friends! My ex girlfriends used to get mad at me cause i worked for my first car (my parents chipped in half) and i got it just before i graduated. They tohught I was showing off becuase I offered to drive them to school and back everyday. I just didn't want them to be stuck on the cheese wagon. Needless to say after Lee and i built the house the completely quit speaking to me.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

We should SO be best friends! My ex girlfriends used to get mad at me cause i worked for my first car (my parents chipped in half) and i got it just before i graduated. They tohught I was showing off becuase I offered to drive them to school and back everyday. I just didn't want them to be stuck on the cheese wagon. Needless to say after Lee and i built the house the completely quit speaking to me.
It just amazes me, cause I was a very good friend to her.... and she had the nerve to say that I wasn't "cause I would choose my DH over her" but I'm sorry, I was not going to be going "club hopping" when I was engaged to be married....just cause she was when she was engaged to be married....oh, and she ended up having an affair with one of the other groomsmen in my wedding, and now her & her DH are divorced.
BTW, I worked for my 1st car too, and my dad paid 1/2....
but I had mine sophmore year as soon as I turned 16. My friends in HS were not the jealous type, they were thrilled to have a ride everywhere!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I talk too much...especially about my pets!
Then we're all guilty of that then!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is the quiet and shy type!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be quite honest I don't care if people don't like me. If they don't like me I have always felt too that they are jealous, I am not a beautiful person, nor do I have lots of money or anything.

But I am a good person, I would do anything in the world for anyone.

I do talk a lot, I have been told that I could talk to a stump. But I never meet a stranger, and I always make my friends feel important when they are around me.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk/complain too much. Sometimes I need to keep my mouth shut. Many say I am not approachable & think I criticize too much. I just hate stupid people!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is the quiet and shy type!
That's me too!
I also have a humongous tendency to stick my foot in my mouth...
That's one reason I like it here so much- I have a chance to edit what I say
, though sometimes even that doesn't help!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very opinionated when it comes to the well being of animals and not afraid to say so. People get offended when I tell them things like "you need to trim your dog's nails more often because them curling into the pads is painful" or "don't litter" or "people food can be harmful" or "please don't let your child bang on the fish tank" or "you need to brush your pet so these painful mats that are all over her body don't happen." People really get irritated and think I'm a tree hugging animal freak. Well, maybe I am. Proud of it. Otherwise, I'm a peach!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my own opinion on many things and if I don't agree with something, I don't keep silent altho sometimes I guess I should. But I'm me and really can't change that.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes i'll complaine a bit...but not obsessively. I will however say that i am quite opinionated about certain issues ( i try only to keep that in the imo lounge
) so since i'm definitely outnumbered as far as my views go- i'll get a lot of people who like to challenge me- and frankly, i'll stand up for something i believe in and not back down- so that may be a reason- but i try to be nice and explaine why i feel a certain way rather than just biting someone's head off for no expliantion.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
also, I let people walk all over me and that I apologize too much.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I'm stand-offish and hard to get to know.
See how funny the internet is, and you can really let your good side show....I NEVER would have guessed that about you! You are always so friendly and chatty on here!!