Radio question of the day: 02/08/05

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, we've been married over 30yrs now, but we still give each other cards, (jokey ones these days) I've got him a CD he's been hinting about too.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing I should be enough for him.

Just kidding. He doesn't believe in it he reckons but I just think that's a lame excuse to not have to say anything sentimental to me.

I informed him that last year my ex-husband had dinner with me and then said he had to leave early to work, when in actual fact he was going off to spend the rest of the night with his girlfriend.

So whether he `believes' in it or not, we are doing something nice or else!!!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I'm not much a believer in Valentine's day just seems like another marketing excuse to get us to spend money.

That being said the new guy in my life is taking me out to a nice dinner on Saturday since we both work during the week and live on oposite sides of the city so Monday is kind of a crappy day to be getting together. We'll see how it goes, it's nice that he wants to make the weekend a little special but I would be happy just seeing him this weekend.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my daughter a stuffed animal (a cat, of course), a box of chocolates, and a book.
I plan on putting the stuff down at her spot at the table the morning of V-Day before school, wrapped all pretty. Her lil friend is spending the weekend with us so we're gonna bake some heart-shaped cookies & I'm going to let them go hog-wild with the pink icing.

For my lovely kitties, I think they will get their usual dose of loving & petting & affection on V-Day...

And for the guy I'm seeing... a mini photo album of pics I've taken that he likes, a CD I burned of some of his favorite songs, some 'personal' stuff. And, as a joke... I bought a pack of his favorite cigarettes & broke them all in half and taped an empty pack of matches to the box
, along with an article about how bad smoking is for ya.

I think I'm getting taken out the weekend after Valentine's Day to dinner or something fancy-schmancy like that... we'll see if I still get taken out after my catty little broken-cig gift!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

We usually exchange cards and a small gift then spend the night in together
. The restaurants are usually rushing people through on Valentine's night and as my birthday is just a couple of days later, we usually have a meal at home on Valentine's then go out for my birthday. But this year.....we're going to be in Disneyland Paris for my birthday
so that will be our celebration.
Sounds GREAT!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we will just do the movie/dinner thing and free at that (we have gifts certs to both). I never get anything anyhow because my bday is two days earlier and I get the "this counts for both" crap...