Radio question for the today: 03/30/05

vegkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They met at a bar. Ironically, drinking, which is what started their relationship is also what ended their relationship.

"Ah, Beer. The cause of . . .and solution to . . .all of life's problems."
-The Simpsons

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom got a job at a grocery store and my dad was the produce manager! Mom was only 18 and dad was 26. They ended up engaged 3 months later and married a year after that. Needless to say mom had to leave the grocery store thanks to their relationship. But, they have been together for 33 years now.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Though with all the bad stuff that has gone on in my family through the years, I really wish they had never met at all!
Bad idea! If they hadn't met, we wouldn't have you!

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Dad was in the Air Force and was stationed here in California (He was from Rhode Island). My Grandpa was a civilian employee at the base. They were having a bowling banquet at the base and my Grandparents, my Mom, and my Uncle all went. When they were there my Dad (who hates to dance) asked my Mom to dance. They were married right after he was discharged from the Air Force. It was going to be sooner but my Dad had to have a special security clearance for his job and if he married my Mom they would also have to do a background check on her. Since he was just a couple months away from his discharge the Air Force didn't want to spend the money to check out my Mom. If they would have got married my Dad would have had to be re-assinged to a janitorial job so they just waited.