Radio question for the day: 02/18/05

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I envy all of you that can just fall asleep. I need the TV on to listen too while I drift off. Otherwise my mind races thinking of things.....

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Otherwise my mind races thinking of things.....
Susie, that's one place my Prozac helps......before I started on it, I'd lay awake half the night thinking and planning and thinking, and coming up with ideas to sew, craft, plant, etc.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on Wellbutrin, but that doesn't seem to help me sleep.......oh well. The tv ususally does the trick!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't need it but I usually have it anyway. Earl likes to relax in bed watching TV before he goes to sleep, so while he comes to bed about the same time as me he stays up for a couple hours watching TV while I'm trying to sleep.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well, I envy all of you that can just fall asleep. I need the TV on to listen too while I drift off. Otherwise my mind races thinking of things.....
I can't just fall asleep! Sigh... I wish! My fi used to have to fall asleep to the TV, but now he's passed that and zonks out as soon as his head touches the pillow. If I watch TV I get too into what I'm watching to fall asleep, same with the radio... so no, I don't have either on.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No i used to always have the radio on to go to sleep, then i started using the phone and i used to go to sleep on the phone!!

now i usually think before i go to bed.
I cant read a book because i just get too into it.
But i just go to bed when im tired! not when because i think i have to ..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm usually asleep within a few minutes of hitting the bed, so I don't need the radio, TV, or a book. My problem isn't falling asleep, it's sleeping through the night.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely a problem for me too Tricia.......if the cats aren't waking me up, I'm just waking up on my own. Very frustrating!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The TV is on. I don't have any difficulty falling asleep without -- for instance if we're away and it's not available -- but we both like that gentle wind-down. If there's something we want to watch, we do, and often fall asleep in front of it; if there's nothing we want to watch, it goes over to a light classics music channel (Ooooh digital cable is nice
-- especially as it's NOT costing any more than almost no selection on regular cable
). I sometimes pick up a book or magazine, along with the music, but only if I'm really alert.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
watch telly, i find myself getting really annoyed with the noise if its music, dont know why, but i can fall asleep to the tv any day

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sometimes fall asleep to the tv. The best is the fan on high and under a bunch of covers in complete darkness. I'm so tired now.. sleep sounds sooooooo nice...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband loves to have the TV on to fall asleep by. I hate it! I don't mind the sound, but the flickering lights in the dark room really bother me. He sets the timer for 30 minutes and I lay there awake until the TV shuts off! It's really annoying.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I like total silence. My roommate in the dorms though HAD to have the TV on to fall asleep as she was a student at Columbine HS during the tragedy, so that's the only time I ever have.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Nope. I like total silence.
I'm with you Katherine. BUT, Bradley has to go to sleep with the TV on, so I guess I do by technicality. Ah, the things we do for love

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

My husband loves to have the TV on to fall asleep by. I hate it! I don't mind the sound, but the flickering lights in the dark room really bother me. He sets the timer for 30 minutes and I lay there awake until the TV shuts off! It's really annoying.
Ever try putting a pillow over your head? That's the only thing that works for me when Bradley leaves the TV on...