Radio Boot (for all you boaters out there)

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone that is heavily into boating, have you ever heard of a radio boot? I know that marine radios come with a special coating on the circuit board to protect it from the water. I just got my VW out of the repair shop. I have a problem with some water getting into the trunk. I discovered that I had a rubber seal missing and replaced it. I don't know if it has solved the problem completely, but I don't want to take any chances. I fried 3 radios before I realized what was causing it. The guy at the repair shop told me they make a "radio boot" that covers the radio. It is specifically made for radios in boats. I have googled it and come up with absolutely nothing. Anyone heard of it?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Is this what you're looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Marin...5736QQtcZphoto
Well, considering I've never seen one, I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for.
I was under the impression it was more like a rubber cover of sorts...more like those covers you can get for computer keyboards or cash registers. The link you posted looks like a hard plastic. What I need would only cover the part of the radio that extends into my trunk. My windshield wiper motor literally sits on top of my radio, so it can't be too thick.