Raccoon Cat

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definatly a second opinion. Even if the vet wont comment much on the cat, he/she also needs to understand that you need to be assured that she will be alright, which obviously you still are worried cause your here!.

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have an interesting little kitty. One of mine is also small, about twice the size of your little one. People also mistake her as being a large kitten.

My other cat used to turn his nose up at cat food too. I can't offer too much help in this area, the only thing that worked for mine was finding the right brand of food. Mine will only eat Friskies.

I was wondering something, is there a difference in texture between what she will eat and the cat food she won't eat? I know one of my cats won't eat things unless its all mashed up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poeski

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has now began to eat wet cat food. I have tried to change food brands before, but they didn't interest her. Most brands of cat food will make my cats sick (vomiting), but Purina Cat Chow is what I use now and they have no problems with this food at all. Poe's human food that she will eat is a wide variety. Hard taco shells, doritos, veggies, fruit, spaghetti o's, and honey. Though today I was eating doritos and she came up to them. I let her smell it to see if she would eat it and she turned it down. I guess I'll stick with wet cat food for her.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good news! At least she is eating cat food of some kind. I just had a thought...Another stupid question just to check...Has your vet checked her teeth and gums? Sometimes cats won't eat hard dry food because it hurts their mouths. Of course, you said she eats taco shells so that probably isn't it.

Keep us informed of any more small victories!