Rabies Vaccine

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 7_Angel

My cat, Seven, died from a rabies vaccine. She went into anaphylactic shock and the vet could not save her.
This is totally OT, but I wanted to quote that and remind that never ever let the vet give vaccines to your cat if the cat is going to be or was already anesthetized. It will be very hard, or even imbossible to tell if the cat has anaphylactic shock, and any vaccination can cause it. Just saying this because someone said earlier in this thread that their cat was vaccinated at the same time when he/she was neutered/spayed.

I'm very lucky because I don't have to get rabies vaccines to my cats, we don't have rabies here at all. (Of course the vaccination is needed if travelling to another country where rabies occurs).

tessa_s212

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissKalamata

How do you know this? I live in Ohio, and my vet insisted that my indoor cats get a rabies shot (the 1-year). She made it sound like it was required by law.
A quick internet search of the Ohio Revised Code showed me that there was no law in Ohio that required it for cats. Rabies is NOT required by law for cats in Ohio. So next time she tries to play it off as though it is, let her know you know that it is not required by law and you are opting out of it.