Rabbit Fur coat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I don't like it either, but I mean the leather?
I tend to stay away from wearing any type of animal, including leather.

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I personally don't wear leather, fur, wool, cashmere, angora, silk, or any fabric that comes from an animal, even if the animal doesn't have to die for it to be made. I'm a former vegan (long story, PM me for details if interested) and now a lacto-ovo vegetarian.

I won't even wear second-hand leather or fur, because I don't want to give the impression that I think it's okay to wear the skin of an animal.

Even though I am a vegetarian, most of the time I don't agree with PeTA's tactics and I usually donate to Farm Sanctuary or Alley Cat Allies instead, when I want to make a charitable contribution.

I like the museum idea. I hope that someday, people will go to museums and be unable to believe that it was considered okay to wear the skins of animals, the same way that we find it hard to believe that certain practices were common in medieval times. Of course, I also hope that we live in a peaceful vegetarian society where it's not considered okay to eat animals, either, but I digress. ^^;;

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had rabbits as pets when I was little.

However, I understand in a lot of countries rabbits are raised for food like chickens......

I am not sure how to classify the coat. If the coat was made from rabbits that were grown for food,then the fur coat would be in the same moral standards as a leather coat.

I know several members here who feed cat food containing rabbit meat.