R.i.p Zazu

sabbyjake

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last Friday my girl's dad and his girlfriend lost everything in a house fire including their cat Zazu who they got from us as a kitten, he was my girls dad's ptsd therapy cat, he will be missed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for such a tragic loss. Fires destroy so much more than just property, they destroy lives too.....
I pray the bond your girl's dad had with that precious little one will be forever with him, love is spiritual, so eternal. Zazu would be the last one to want to bring pain because of him, especially when he comforted for so long, and brought happiness and light into those around him. He will always be as near as your thoughts and prayers, so send him thoughts of happiness in life, not sadness and tears. He lives on through the hearts that loved him now, and would only want happiness and joy to be in those lives, just as they would want for him if they were the first to go. His little life meant something in this world, he will be loved and remembered forever. To be mourned and remembered in this world is an honor, an honor to his life, and he will be forever remembered by many, including those who read this post and say a little prayer for his soul, and your families, to find peace.
Time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief, try not to dwell on his death, but celebrate what he brought to those lives that he touched. To have never known him at all would have been unthinkable.
My heart goes out to you, I pray you will find comfort in your memories of happier times and take one day at a time to help your hearts heal. it takes a long time to heal a broken heart......take care......RIP sweet Zazu. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your video was so precious! I hope it brings you comfort in the trying times ahead. I pray it brings a ray of light into the darkness......

Aieko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heartbreaking. Sorry for your loss, I'm sure Zazu is in a better place now instead of suffering in the fire. I'm glad he had a good life while he was on earth, Zazu wouldn't want you to be sad, he would want you to be happy as we all go in the end, one day I hope you'll meet him again. I wish to meet my poor baby Indy. I miss her dearly. Zazu's life means a lot, he'll always be there with you until the end. Remember the happy times you had with him and cherish them. You can get through this, and as my favorite quote says; "Remember, sadness is always temporary, this too shall pass." - Chuck T. Falcon

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Zazu, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I wept when I read this. I have lost everything to a housefire before, although thankfully nothing living, and can only imagine their grief. This is what I do know, though...Love does not die. It only changes form and continues on, still Love. Zazu is still near your dad, loving him as always. I am so very, very sorry.