R I P OJ Simpson - aged 76

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O.J. Simpson, former football star acquitted of murder, dies at 76 (msn.com)

He had an unspecified form of cancer.

And, for a time, a star studded career, till 1994.

In May 2023, Simpson posted a video on X, then known as Twitter, revealing that he had recently "caught cancer" and "had to do the whole chemo thing." He added, "It looks like I beat it." Simpson didn't specify the nature of the cancer.

Then in February 2024, a Las Vegas television station reported that Simpson, then 76, was again undergoing treatment for an unspecified cancer. Simpson himself posted a video on X that day, denying rumors that he was in hospice care, though he did not otherwise confirm or deny reports that he was ill. Two days later in another video update on X, Simpson thanked those people he said had reached out to him, adding "My health is good. I mean, obviously I'm dealing with some issues but I think I'm just about over it."

Simpson, nicknamed "The Juice," broke records as a college and professional football player, and extended his celebrity and fortune as a sportscaster, a movie and television actor, and as a corporate spokesman, most notably for Hertz rental cars.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My reaction was something along the lines of; Oh, wow. And so, he's taken all that drama with him now.

The thing of it is, he paid whatever prices needed to be paid - even here at the end since it was cancer, after all.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He wrote a book called If I Did It, and explained how he did it! He even told how Ron tried to defend himself & Nicole against the knife with some karate moves, and OJ laughed at him!