R I P Barbara Walters

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just heard about her passing on the news this morning. She was a trendsetter for female journalists and left no stone unturned in asking personal questions in her interviews. 😉

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read that growing up she was surrounded by celebrities which kept her from being in awe of them. Her father had several different endeavors, booking agent, managing and then owning nightclubs. She said that he made and lost several fortunes. She said that she had felt from a young age that she would not only have to make her own living but also would need to take care of her family. Her last endeavor was 'The View' and when she was still with that show it was much better than it is now.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I used to watch The View back when it first started, and then off and on over the years. It was much better when she was involved, than now. I also remember her from 20/20, as well as her many ABC specials.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbara Walters was wonderful. I use to watch her on 20/20 and sometimes on the View. I still watch the View. She seemed to disappear after she retired. I never heard anything about her and I don't think she ever came back on the show to do a guest appearance. I had no idea that she was that old.