Qvc

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Anybody shop from QVC much? I really like the Temp-Tations stoneware dishes, although I don't have too many things. I do have the TT chicken in cranberry sitting on my wooden cutting board in the kitchen. And I have a nice salad set that I seem to use all the time.

I enjoy watching sometimes when "In the Kitchen with David" is on on Wednesday nights. And I find myself watching around the holidays, too.

We took my brother and SIL and went down to the QVC outlet store down around Philadelphia. It's nothing much, just a little dinky store in a strip mall. But every once in awhile, we'll take a drive and go down to peruse the store.

So while we were there, they were having a 50% discount on kitchen items, inc Temp-Tations. I bought a nice cake server/appetizer and dip set. And since I don't have a canister set on my kitchen counter, I bought the set of 3 canisters. All for less than $30. You can't beat that price. I had been thinking about the cake server/appetizer and dip dishes anyway when they were being advertised, but never bothered it buy it. So I figured this was my chance.

I'm not much of a tv shopper, but sometimes I do buy from QVC. We purchased some linens from there. Their Northern Nights sheets are quite nice. I've gotten cookbooks from QVC. One night I bought a lovely set of pearl earrings that I just love to wear. And we bought our power washer from there, too, and DH uses that all the time. And, of course, a few items from their Temp-tations line.

Am I the only QVC-er around?

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard tell of it, must not be in Canada. I'm going to go google it!

But WOOT WOOT on your great deals, I love it when stuff I want it on sale

ETA: I think it's like our shopping channel, I don't buy from there but I like watching it, haha.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like QVC and HSN. I like the monthly payment plans, it makes it easier to buy something more expensive in a manageable way.

I like alot of the cookware from these companies. If you ever have a question about quality, just look at reviews, on the site or you can google the item number.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never bought from QVC or HSN, and I really try to avoid them. I'm a kitchen gadget junkie, and every time I see something cool for the kitchen I try to convince myself that I just HAVE to have it!!!
Too dangerous for me...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here we have "The Shopping Channel" and they have the Temptation products. I don't have any, but they look nice.

I have bought several things from our shopping channel.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've shopped QVC online once a year for several years now. My sister is diabetic and they have a terrific sugar-free chocolate cake that we get her every year for her birthday. It's expensive, but good for an annual birthday splurge.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I've shopped QVC online once a year for several years now. My sister is diabetic and they have a terrific sugar-free chocolate cake that we get her every year for her birthday. It's expensive, but good for an annual birthday splurge.
Could you please post the brand name? I'm a diabetic, and I like to try sugar-free desserts, whether it's my birthday, or not! Thanks!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually shop online from them. But my Gram and Aunt are big time shoppers with QVC! I like to keep them on in the background sometimes.

I have several sets of the Northern Nights sheets and I LOOOOVE them! My Aunt usually buys them for us; but I got a set for my Mom and step-dad for Christmas once. My Gram is a firm believer in girls having a few nice pieces of jewelry; so I have several things from there as well. I am a big Diamonique (sp?) fan! I wore some for my wedding and DH got me a really pretty set of earrings from that line for Christmas a few years ago. My Gram wears a Diamonique eternity ring she got once she couldn't wear her old wedding band on her ring finger anymore.

I do like watching the cooking shows on there. I watched the other day when Rachel Ray was on....I have her cookware and I love watching her daytime show too. My Gram is a big fan of David (who she also likes because my father's name is David) but there is one other host (whose name escapes me at the moment) that she loves...she calls him 'a looker.'

Oh and I get DH winter socks for work from them too! They are a really nice wool. I need to order some more before this winter. He finally wore the first ones out!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back at Christmas my mother was obsessed with flameless candles. She ordered a few from QVC. My aunt also ordered some from QVC as a surprise for my mother, only the one she bought was on back order, so my mother didn't get it until long after Christmas.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been shopping with QVC for more years than I would like to admit.

I buy certain things that are exclusive to them. But these days I don't buy as much because some of the things that I really liked are now made in different countries and the quality is not the same.

For example the only sheets I own are Northern Nights. Some are ten years old and I would like to replace them but the reviews are not so good since they are now made in china.

Eventually I will have to buy more and hope they are as good as what I have now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CheshireCat

I've been shopping with QVC for more years than I would like to admit.

I buy certain things that are exclusive to them. But these days I don't buy as much because some of the things that I really liked are now made in different countries and the quality is not the same.

For example the only sheets I own are Northern Nights. Some are ten years old and I would like to replace them but the reviews are not so good since they are now made in china.

Eventually I will have to buy more and hope they are as good as what I have now.
Hmm...I know at least 1 set of mine are only a couple years old and they are good. My Aunt got me some from Martha Stewart that are comparable too. She may have ordered them from Home Shopping network. I'm not really sure; but I know she didn't go to kmart for them...