Quit smoking today , need your prayers and thoughts....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much .

I am hoping that I quit smoking by next month with the patch from nicoderm .

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
What the HEY?
doesn't sound like something I'd want I like my fillings in a bun!
It's great for those of us who like to take day trips and follow a diet that limits carb intake. I just don't find a whopper bun worth it <G>, but love the idea of a nice hot whopper with lettuce and mayo and a bit of tomato..now that I can have any time I want, and save my carbs for a delicious something else! Speaking of carbs, time to go pop the cinnamon raisin mix into my breadmaker (making cinnamon raisin rolls for my carb tonight).

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh well burger king is good..! Anyone ever tried their salad burger? I don't see how a burger is a burger without meat but however not to worry.

Mmmm I can smell it from here Pat. Enjoy!

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heidi
hows it going with the non/cutting down smoking. Have you had a go with the patches. I must admit I tried them and they just made me itch. urgh.
hypnosis is suppose to be okay. i tried that and stopped for 2 years.
no having another go at quitting with this gum stuff although I hate chewing gum it is licuirice flavour so maybe.
Alexis

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If the patch doesn't cut it I saw on tv that lozenge (sp) they have out. I was thinking of trying that one myself since my kids are now complaining about me smoking and wanting me to stop. Good luck to you and I will be praying for you to kick smoking and maintain your sanity in the process!! (Carrot sticks, lettuce and cucumbers help for munchies)

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just thought i'd take a look at how everyones getting on.

I don't smoke, but know how difficult it can be to lose weight.

My mother and brother smoked and suffered with mouth cancer through it.

Stick with it everyone, i can imagine it's hard, but it'll be worth giving up!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tanks every one for your interest and caring .

Well the quitting is not comming to good at all . We both still smoke , but stay on the cut down right now . I have not yet try the other patches . We wanted to try last weekend to quit again and sure enouch Mike chickend out and so am I
. I guess we need to try some other time again .
Mike is doing good on the diet and went from 248 pounds to 220 pounds
. I am very proud of him . Mike had a apointment on wednesday from them Xray's
and he chickend out again (sight) . I guess we need to try again for that too . He also had a eye surgery for (sp) catorax (?) to be removed about 3 weeks ago . It went well . He was in tears while we where driving home on how much he was able to see including color . Mike is color blind btw . So next week Thuesday Mike will have his left eye done , same surgery . But Mike is feeling so much better loosing that weight
he even started to walk in the mornings when he has time to do it

I have not given up to quit smoking , it may will take me longer then I hoped for . I try to think positive about it and it is not easy some times with out thinking that I am a failier (sp) ( Oh how I wish I could spell ) .

ccdogmuffin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree, you will get there! I am a smoker and haven't had the courage to quit yet
But I know that everyone has their own way and time of quitting. My dad went cold turkey and never smoked again. It took my mom years to finally quit for good. Don't get discouraged, it will happen!

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow Heidi cutting down is good. And as for Mike losing the weight AND the eye surgery now may not be a good time to think about quitting smoking. All the stuff I have read says you have to pick a good time when things are on an even keel. To go for too many goals at once often means you do nothing! Dont get discouraged it will happen when you are both good and ready. Maybe after the eye surgery (glad every thing went well there btw), with the summer coming and all those walks, think about it then.
Good luck for next Thursday
Alexis

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hedi, You are to be commended(sp?) for cutting down, quitting will take along time but you're well on your way. Just don't give up girl we're all rooting for ya!

My congrats to Mike that his surgery went well and the weight loss!

Hugs Hedi!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much . You guys really know how to lift me up
I was kinda down .
Yea , maybe we got a lot on our plates right now with everything what is going on . I think I have to get me mentaly back for quiting again and set a time goal for me then . If Mike don't want to quit , so be it . I need to focus on me allone and not on him .
Thank you all again for your encouring words , it really helped me a lot to lift me up again . You guys are all super