Quilt Show! Quilt Show!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I finally got a few more of my charity quilt tops photographed. I'm going to try my hardest to get them all done before the end of this month, so I may have some more to share soon.

Chinese Coins and Purple Random Patch

Dogtooth and the H Block

Buckeye Beauty and the X Block

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I didn't make my goal of getting all the charity quilts photographed by the end of February. I still have a whole stack left. But here, at least, are a few more.

"Broken Dishes" and "Fun Patch"

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow! Now that's tallent! I hope to take up quilting someday, but it's going to take a lot of work to get close to that good.
It really warms my heart that you're so foccussed on helping those who need it most. You're really making a difference for those who get your blankets and you're completely right! Everyone needs to have something beautiful in their lives, I'm sure they hold onto it as a prized possession that not only makes them warm at night, and offers them comfort but also makes them feel like someone cares.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations with us, you're truely inspiring.

cassie-ondra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's very thoughtful of you. If I had the talent to do that (which I don't), I think I'd hold onto it for dear life and never let go! They are all so beautiful! You are extremely talented.

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow! Those are really beautiful!! My fav is the blue one with the yellow in the middle! I've always wanted to do that, but haven't learned how yet. I'm only 16 though, so there is no rush. I have a lot of patience for work like that. I really enjoy cross stitch (which takes forever) and think I would like that.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I decided to do a bit of "mass production" to help speed up the process of making some of the charity quilts. So I cut and pieced enough triangles in similar colors for three quilts. Each of the next three quilts is made up of 48 blocks of half-square triangles, one part dark and one light. I just arranged them differently to achieve a different effect on the three quilts The quilt "Broken Dishes" in post 23 is also made of 48 blocks of half-square triangles.

"Triangles" and "Happy Day" (original design)

"Neener, Neener, Neener" (original design) and "H Block 2"

"Fun Patch 2" and "Endless Stairs"