Questions about weighing and supplements

dwdanby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought 3.5lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs and boiled and shredded them. The weight is now 1.5lbs. I'm off to chase the chicken that got away, but in the meantime - which weight is the one that the recipe wants?

(PS I've carefully read both sides of the raw/cooked debate, and due to needing to avoid any contamination, I've chosen cooked.)

It's my first ever batch of cat food, measured out ever so carefully, a fourth of the original recipe; 1.5lbs chicken, 1.5oz liver. Then I added Alnutrin powder, supplement for homemade cat food, and forgot to divide it by 4, so 40g went into the food instead of ten. Do I have to throw away the whole batch?

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would say to call Alnutrin and ask the question of them, both of the weight before and after and if you need to toss the entire batch. My thoughts are that you should toss the entire batch, but they may say different. If you know that your furries LIKE this recipe, you could always get more chicken and liver and ADD it to the batch so it won't be wasted. Just a thought. You might not want to do that though, if you don't know if they'll like it yet.

I have used Alnutrin in the past, but only for actual raw, never cooked anything so didn't have the issue of the change in weight.