Questions about Spaying and Neutering M/F Kittens

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if local populations differ as breeds would I have only owned moggies (mix breeds) and also sometimes they don't go in to heat all winter! At least the one I have now didn't.
And I am Not saying people shouldn't bother!!! Just that accessible early spay / neuter is not always done.
My two year old goes tomorrow !!!!
She had a 4 day heat last week.
My Aya went into heat at 4 months. When from being a happy if  crazy kitten to trying to escape the apartment and get herself knocked up pretty quickly. I have heard they are more likely to go into heat early if there are Toms around and we certainly had a large stray population that she came from. At the time I was in Japan and no Vet there does "early spay" that I could find. I took advantage of the fact that we really didn't know exactly how old she was and snuck her in at 5 mos+. They told me she was probably in heat when they did it based on uterine size

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds awful . My neighbors ( 1 of 2 under 4 km ) cat took three years to attract a tom cat and spent two summers rolling around and purt- ing and meowing for my nurtered males.
We had that one Relocated to a barn.