Questions About Orphaned Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question. The vet told me to start mixing a tiny amount of canned kitten food in her milk. So I did (by did I mean less than 1/2 tsp) and since then she has been puking every single time I feed her. I went back to just her formula and now she is only eating a small amount. I fed her about an hour ago and so far she is keeping down what little she did eat.

I have an appointment for her in the morning. But what should I do for her in the meantime? She is clearly weaker from not eating and not wanting to play as much as she usually does.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Continue feeding her on the regular schedule as you usually do. She should begin to eat more as her system calms down.

I would not put any more wet food in her formula at all. She's six weeks old and will wean to soft foods on her own schedule when she is ready. I would not force it on her.

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, thank you! I didn't think she was ready but the vet kept telling me to try her on a small amount of canned food in her formula because she laps her formula from a dish.

I will just keep giving her the regular feedings and give my older cats the opened canned food.

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So it's been quite a while since I updated on the little kitten. I ended up naming her Little Miss accidentally lol. She is 4ish -5ish months old now and OML is she a handful! This is the most hyper kitten I have ever seen in my entire life. I don't think she ever sleeps until she completely wears herself out and my other cats and then crashes for hours on end. She has a vocal malformation which is why she makes a weird chirping sound instead of meowing according to the vet. She weighs right at 4 lbs and is loooong. She's not a great eater and the vet wants her to put on a bit more weight since she is so active so I am trying some high-calorie foods with her.

But here are a couple of pictures of her goofy self

Her and my disabled cat Tiger arguing over a box

Snoozing in the window... Of course, it is sideways...

Spidercat!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh how adorable! It's nice to see the baby getting along so well.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Is she climbing a screen, or is she somehow scaling smooth glass?

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is she climbing a screen, or is she somehow scaling smooth glass?
She may be skilled but she's not quite that skilled. It is a screened window. She spotted a family of foxes that hang out near my house and launched herself at the window.