Questions about my baby girl.

jandm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
on of my girls wouldn't eat dry food either when she was that age. My vet suggested putting a little bit of chicken broth on it....and it worked! Now she eats dry food without any broth, but only when she is VERY hungry...she just has a preference for wet food. good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattiew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
actually i already put their food in separate plates since my boy eat really quickly and my girl eat a lot slower. my boy starts to get my girl's food after he finish his. both of them love wet food but my boy eats whatever avaliable since he simply loves to eat whereas my girl don't like to eat much and she never seems to be hungry and eats only when wet food is avaliable. will chicken broth be too salty for them to eat? i am not sure whether the human seasoning will be good for them. how can i stop my boy to eat in my girl's plate? my girl always stops eating when she see her brother come and eat her food. she really isn't keen of eating at all. will i be able to get her eat more food ?should i put more food in my boy's plate so that he will not eat his sister's food? but then i am scared that he will overeat during the day tho. what should i do to improve their eating habit?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feed her first and shut him out till she has almost finished, or hold him or whatever. Chicken broth is Ok if you make it for them, without salt or garlic, but it does not contain all the things cats need. They really don't need anything beyond the canned food. If they are are gaining weight and seem healthy and happy, then they are getting enough.