1. Do you have it?

Not any more..

2. What does it look like?

Like most broken plates do

3. How often do you use it?

I don't

4. Did you buy it or was it inherited?

I bought it. I broke it.

On the upside though, all the china we have just now is really beautiful and simple, so it can be used as your regular day to day china and the good stuff. I intend to get some more china when we move. Right now thee's no point just yet.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have China (actually we got the set in a storage locker - auction)
Its really pretty - red roses/white plates. We use it a few times a year or if we have more then 6 people over for dinner.

IMO why not use it? If YOU don't use it, who will? Too many people have china sitting for display and never use it - shame !

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Do you have it? Yup - mom made me register for it when I got married over 10 years ago - I didn't want to. I have 5 place settings
2. What does it look like? Royal Doulton - don't remember the name. Plain white with a silver rim.
3. How often do you use it? I have never used it in 10 years
4. Did you buy it or was it inherited? It was bought for me, although, apparently I will inherit 1/2 of my mother's - she has 24 place setting of hers and it is similar to mine. I'm in no rush.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Do you have it?
Yep, but only 5 complete place settings.

http://carico.com/elegnt_lifestyles/...s/pic_2_lg.jpg
Wanted to use it for Easter, but I didn't have enough place settings.

Bought 4 place settings, received another as a wedding gift. Really expensive, but as long as the company exists, the pattern will NEVER retire.
Also, really really sturdy.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

1. Do you have it?
I don't have any "fine" china. I used to have "Old Country Rose" china which I inherited from my Baba (grandmother), but it sat in a box and I never used it. I thought it was the ugliest china pattern I've ever seen. Way too colourful and busy for my taste.

http://ebayimages.goantiques.com/dbi...635lal3340.jpg

I ended up giving it to a cousin of mine who got the other 1/2 of the set because she really liked it.

I prefer plain white china that you can accessorize with colourful napkins, place holders etc. Looks more elegant to me.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

1. Do you have it?

Not any more..

Like most broken plates do

I don't

I bought it. I broke it.

On the upside though, all the china we have just now is really beautiful and simple, so it can be used as your regular day to day china and the good stuff. I intend to get some more china when we move. Right now thee's no point just yet.
That sounds so sad

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

1. Do you have it?
1. yes
2. white, silver rim, pink/gray flower spray on one side.
3. i've never used it.
4. inherited from my mother - it was her wedding china, but my dad bought her some in Japan that she liked better, so she gave hers to her mother. when my grandmother moved to the assisted living apartment, i got her china cabinet & its contents - my mother's china!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alice_curiouser

However! If someone wants to start a thread about knives or pots and pans, I will happily show up to brag about my new set of Calphalon and my bee-uuuuu-tee-ful collection of Wüsthof knives.
Oh do start a thread on this! We only have two good knives, so that is an area we need to expand on, but we've been redoing all our pots
a few pieces of Calphalon, and what I love even more, my All Clad pieces...I adore them!

kateure

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope, never really seen the purpose, but my mom does have a nice set of REAL Fiestaware she may be giving us when wefinally buy a house.
The Dinnerware we use now is a mix of classic white and the new squared asian inspired Corelle plates, bowls and coffee mugs. Our serving accessories are big white corelle bowls and platters. Things like our Gravy boat and butter dish are clear pyrex type glass.

I like the simplicity of the clear, it allows me to buy the 'fun' seasonal dishes and still match when we have a party or entertain.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have a service for 12 Jamestown China, I have had it for years.
Use it Holidays and special occasions

Nothing speculator But I have always loved it..

I also have a Beautiful Set of Stoneware service for 8 that were a Gift when we bought the new house, and the kitchen is red & white, These came from Spain and have to be hand washed but I love them, They are darker Red then they appear

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

1. Do you have it?

Yes. Two sets, actually. [1] Royal Worcester "Mirage" [2] Don't know it's name

[1]

[2] A similar design, but the band is emerald green, and the trim is gold -- too bright for my taste, actually.

[1] Not as often as I should. I love it, and love to use it, but I'm often lazy about it. Special occasions, though.

[2] Never. It's in boxes. I don't ever expect to have a need for so much "good" china at one time that I could imagine it being pressed into service.

[1] I chose the pattern, and bought a fair bit of it myself, but also received a fair bit as gifts.

[2] Inherited -- are you surprised?
Oooo! I like that pattern.

Originally Posted by emrldsky

1. Do you have it?
Yep, but only 5 complete place settings.

http://carico.com/elegnt_lifestyles/...s/pic_2_lg.jpg
Wanted to use it for Easter, but I didn't have enough place settings.

Bought 4 place settings, received another as a wedding gift. Really expensive, but as long as the company exists, the pattern will NEVER retire.
Also, really really sturdy.
That's nice too!

We don't have any china yet. The apartment is too tiny and it took us forever to decide on our everyday set. I have a thing about eating on colored plates. I dunno why but it grosses me out. LoL Maybe one day. Mom has a very plain set with a single rose in the middle and a gold rim. I think we will inherit that set one day.