Questions about bengals?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BengalBella

I just had to respond to this post, I have a bengal myself (hes a year now) and MAN are you speaking the truth lol... mine is freakin crazy.. he drives my bf nuts at night because hes a light sleeper and Nikko's meowing wakes him up and i wake up to my bf running around the house chasing him (lol). Last night is a good example, I came home, he had knocked all of our papers on the floor and had gotten into a fight with them, shreads everywhere and he even was chewing on a corner when i came in the room. He's constantly running all over the house and wrestling with my older tabby. I love his energy, although he makes messes constantly like she was saying above.. but he's so entertaining and fun to play with. And I'm very happy I got him neutered, he was driving me nuts with his deep, long meowing esp at night, even that woke ME up!
If your bf wants some sleep at night, the first step is to stop chasing the bengal. THAT is EXACTLY what he wants.
They will go for negative attention if they can't get enough positive attention.

Second step is to play very hard with your bengal for at least an hour before you go to bed. Wear him out, chasing toys on a string, etc. Make him jump and run. Interactive toys with you or your bf will do the trick. A laser light works great for getting him to run and burn off energy.

If you do this consistantly, he will sleep through the night. Every single one of our bengals sleep all night long. No midnight crazies.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have too much of a problem at night with them (but I have noticed that they do demand attention...), but I usually play with them for a while.. although I'd say it probably isn't a full hour, when I get home from work. The Bengals are also separated at night, since Kahn sleeps in my sister's room. Joyeux has run of the house.. and they do run back and forth sometimes, but they generally contain it to the downstairs.

They're just cat curiousity times 8. We spent the first ... well, let me scratch that, we're *still* telling Joyeux, no Joyeux, we don't put kitties in the dishwasher. No Joyeux, we don't put kitties in the cabinet, refrigerator (usually followed by having to get down on hands and knees and DIG her out of the bottom shelf because she's gotten behind every item in there and decided that's where she's going to sit... No Joyeux, we don't put kitties in the basement, outside, in the drawers, in the toilet, in the oven, in the trash boxes, in plastic bags with food in them...

Bless their hearts, I do love them though, the little beasts.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Every single one of our bengals sleep all night long. No midnight crazies.
While Penny is a really mellow, good natured girl, she has started waking up to join in with the 4-5 a.m. crazies at my house. Their running around doesn't bother me a bit, nor does it wake me unless they knock something large over.

However, if it weren't for the fact that this is SOP for Ginger and Ferris, Penny would simply snooze the entire night away, all cozy in the kitchen.

I've found that Penny likes to play Queen of the Mountain: She likes to get on the top of the stacks of boxes (we're moving in July) and taunts the other two to come and get her, then fights to stay Queen.

Ginger can't be bothered to play this game, but Ferris seems to enjoy it very much.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

If you do this consistantly, he will sleep through the night. Every single one of our bengals sleep all night long. No midnight crazies.
No midnight crazies? That is possible?
I am a hard sleeper and hardly ever wake up for any crazies while I am sleeping.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I looked at the Legacy website and she does have Bengals with interesting markings. They almost look like they are between a marble and a spotted. Bengals are pretty but I think I'll just admire them from afar. A Siamese is about as active a cat that I think I can handle. I work 12 hour shifts and have two cats one of which is fairly active and one that will play if goaded enough by the other one. I think a Bengal would get bored and that would spell a lot of trouble.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're sometimes called pancake rosettas I think.

Still there aren't any official terms for different types of spotting, all the cats are registered as their colour and then spotted or marbled so you have no idea what type of spots they had just looking at pedigrees.

Those cats are gorgeous, very impressive 'paint' on them
I have seen sometimes cats from breeders where the breeder is very focused on the pattern loose out in type but those cats seem ok from that point of view.

Makes you wonder though what bengals will look like in another 20 years or so.