Questionable Breeder...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well she had many kittens from the same litter, and the others looked purebred, there was a snow, a couple blue and one brown left. They were all social except the brown one but she told me before we got there that there were little kids running around and trying to catch her. With how much I spent I don't expect it to be purebred, I'm not showing it or anything.. but the woman had claimed she shows the father and had trophies and ribbons on a table from cat shows. Her yard was fenced in and the place seemed clean it was just FULL of animals lol. And she never favored any of the cats, and I chose Nikko myself out of them all. she actually was sad to see Nikko go because he was her favorite so I'm not sure she knew he was sick. I'm not defending her at all, but I thought I'd throw that in there.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure its possible they all were bengals, but poor quality ones. However the face (in your pictures) doesn't look bengal to me. I could be wrong.

However, if the mother bred with more then the choosen father, you could have mixed kittens and purebred kittens in the same litter.

Did she happen to mention what association her cats are registered in? Do you have papers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Did she happen to mention what association her cats are registered in? Do you have papers?
I'm going to be calling her this week to find out the association she's registered in and when I picked up the kitten she said that her and her daughter were going to be sending out for the papers over xmas so it would be a couple of months. Is that normal for them to take that long? You'll have to excuse my inexperience with breeders I may ask some simple questions but I do appreciate the responses I've gotten. I'll post what she says after I get in touch with her this week.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BengalBella

I'm going to be calling her this week to find out the association she's registered in and when I picked up the kitten she said that her and her daughter were going to be sending out for the papers over xmas so it would be a couple of months. Is that normal for them to take that long? You'll have to excuse my inexperience with breeders I may ask some simple questions but I do appreciate the responses I've gotten. I'll post what she says after I get in touch with her this week.
I do know that TICA is way behind on paperwork. They took forever to send my registration papers back (months). I had to call TICA and complain. There are tons of bengal breeders complaining on other lists. She may really be waiting for TICA to send them to her but i'd call her and tell her to call TICA if she says they haven't sent them yet because they will send them the next day if she complains. At least that's what they did for me.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, TICA better hire some new people! They should NOT be that far behind that its taking MONTHS for paperwork. What about registering kittens for competing? I can see 3-4 weeks but after that......!

You could apply for a kitten registration number at 4 months old and he/she would be an adult when you got it back - that's totally uncalled for IMO.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

How strange - I got mine back within 2 weeks. That was back in August or September though...
I think they (may) be talking about the accual litter registration. The blue slip I sent you. When I send out to register a litter, I have to wait awhile so I know what I have for colors/patterns, but it is a litter registration, some people can do individual kittens reg at that time, I usually don't. But I (breeders) will then get a registered litter certifiacate and a blue slip for each kitten. That is what I give the new owner when they get the kitten and the owner will send the blue slip in like you had to. If I am dragging my butt and don't get the litter registration out soon enough They will have to wait for me to get and send them the blue slip. I didn't get on it as quickly before, since I held it until proof of altering they didn't get it at the time they picked up the kitten (but it was nice to have so the new owner knew I did have it and they were getting them) Now I pre-fix all my kittens, so I have to get it out as soon as I am possitive of the colors/patterns I have so I do have their blue slip when the kitten is picked up, it does seem to take them longer to get the litter registrations/blue slips back, then to get back the indiviual kitten registration.

(It does take longer to register the litter then individual kittens after the litter was reg. but IMO it shouldn't take as long as it is taking lately)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I think they (may) be talking about the accual litter registration. The blue slip I sent you. When I send out to register a litter, I have to wait awhile so I know what I have for colors/patterns, but it is a litter registration, some people can do individual kittens reg at that time, I usually don't. But I (breeders) will then get a registered litter certifiacate and a blue slip for each kitten. That is what I give the new owner when they get the kitten and the owner will send the blue slip in like you had to. If I am dragging my butt and don't get the litter registration out soon enough They will have to wait for me to get and send them the blue slip. I didn't get on it as quickly before, since I held it until proof of altering they didn't get it at the time they picked up the kitten (but it was nice to have so the new owner knew I did have it and they were getting them) Now I pre-fix all my kittens, so I have to get it out as soon as I am possitive of the colors/patterns I have so I do have their blue slip when the kitten is picked up, it does seem to take them longer to get the litter registrations/blue slips back, then to get back the indiviual kitten registration.
...oh