question_emergency

5catsandcountin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please consider getting your cat fixed asap so no more kittens are brought into the world...and it is a good idea to call around and find a vet that will fix each kitten and give all the vaccinations at a discount, usually can be done at about 10 weeks, 2lb....and then when you find homes for them...no one has to worry about pregnancies... you can charge the new parents what it cost you and this too helps to ensure a good home for the baby....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spirit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I have 3 cats, 2 dogs... I have ALWAYS gotten my 'pets' fixed... This actually was intentional... (I was actually hoping it would be her 2nd heat)... It was intentional for our families own personal reasons...

I am a responsible owner of 'animals' (I put quotes around animals and pets because they are actually more like my own children/family)... Boo will be fixed ASAP.. I will wait until the kitties are old enough though...

ALSO, all but 2 kittens already have homes! I pre-arranged this... They are going to close family friends and ALL will absolutely be fixing the kitties... It was a pre-requisite! ha

anyways, I understand that many people continue to let their cats get pregnant or impregnate other females... Not the case here!

But thanks for your concern!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good to know that you will get her spayed. Also she will want outside, if you capitulate and let her out, she will become pregnant again.

If you are worried about cold kittens make up some sock heaters. They do well with newborns you need old heavy socks, plain rice and a microwave. Fill the socks up with the uncooked rice, tie off the ends, nuke the socks for 30 seconds each sock. This gives you about 2 hours of heat, that will not burn the kittens at all-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spirit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to mention that the kitties will be going to their new homes at about 8 weeks old... BUT, they wont be fixed til they are closer to 6 mo. old.. 4 mo. at the earliest, per advice from my family vet...

10 weeks seems awfully early... but, perhaps its ok for some...