Super Cat
Purraise
What is it and what do I do any suggestions please help

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If this an indoor/outdoor cat, there are so many possibilities as to what it might be that guessing what caused it means nothing. Keeping this cat inside, is pretty much not possible - based on all of your previous posts. Ditto, on trying to treat it, apparently. So, there are limited options for you. What does it look like now?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sort of hard to tell, but is it a little bald spot? If so it could be....

- She might have got stuck somewhere, managed to pull herself out and got a little scrape in the process. Same thing happened to one of my kitties once. Her fur should grow out normally in no time.
- Allergic reaction to something
- To relate to the previous response; did you check for fleas?
- Overgrooming due to stress of anxiety

It doesn't look like ringworm, which tends to be a tad more sore and red which is good. Keep in mind I am not a vet so can only make a very basic observation and guess!

Hope that helps a wee bit, keep an eye on it. If it progresses or gets worse, vet visit would be beneficial at that point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She has been itching I’m working on getting her a flea collar I found another spot and she’s a indoor cat

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
We just might shave her I don’t want to

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Shave her? For what reason? If you think this is flea related (you said you are working on getting a flea collar), why not just apply a topical flea treatment? If you can shave her, you can put a topical flea treatment on her.

You say she is an indoor cat, but if she is exposed to cats that are indoor/outdoor, she can still get fleas.

If you don't think it is fleas, then having a vet check it out is about your only other option. Otherwise, try chamomile tea. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then soak that place using cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day. Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for her to ingest should she do so. Again, if you can shave her, you most certainly can apply chamomile tea to her spot(s).

If you are talking about taking her somewhere to be shaved, they too can apply a topical flea treatment.

leamint718

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, does she scratches herself a lot lately? I'm not sure if it's similar, my cat Grace began having bald spot around her neck, and she began to scratch her head more than normal but otherwise she seemed healthy. Brought her to the vets and they suspected it was some kind of skin allergy. It can be from change of diet, change of litter, dust, pollen season, or many other things (even mosquitoes bite was possible). I didn't really figure out what gave her allergy, but thankfully it didn't come back after she was prescribed anti-inflammatory meds.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Shave her? For what reason? If you think this is flea related (you said you are working on getting a flea collar), why not just apply a topical flea treatment? If you can shave her, you can put a topical flea treatment on her.

You say she is an indoor cat, but if she is exposed to cats that are indoor/outdoor, she can still get fleas.

If you don't think it is fleas, then having a vet check it out is about your only other option. Otherwise, try chamomile tea. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then soak that place using cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day. Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for her to ingest should she do so. Again, if you can shave her, you most certainly can apply chamomile tea to her spot(s).

If you are talking about taking her somewhere to be shaved, they too can apply a topical flea treatment.
So I can give it to her to drink

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, does she scratches herself a lot lately? I'm not sure if it's similar, my cat Grace began having bald spot around her neck, and she began to scratch her head more than normal but otherwise she seemed healthy. Brought her to the vets and they suspected it was some kind of skin allergy. It can be from change of diet, change of litter, dust, pollen season, or many other things (even mosquitoes bite was possible). I didn't really figure out what gave her allergy, but thankfully it didn't come back after she was prescribed anti-inflammatory meds.
Yes i don’t have money rig hit now for a vet so I’m trying the best I can

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So I can give it to her to drink
The chamomile tea is to help with the itchy spot(s), not for drinking. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then soak that place using cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day. Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties.

While it is safe for her to ingest some, the point of the tea is to help soothe and heal the skin that is irritated.