Question on this behavior

qnie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Silly question but it has been on my mind for a while and I wasn't sure how to google it but I've noticed that my cat Leo loves getting up and running over to have a look whenever there's a cat fight around, he would be asleep soundly and the next time he'll be bouncing out to look, I'm not sure if this is even a behavior of aggression or him being a noseycat and am wondering if this is normal and if there's a term or explanation for it? I feel like he's some gang leader and his mates got into a fight and he wants to investigate or something.

Hopefully what I asked made sense >_

Last edited:

pusheen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You know when you hear people shouting outside, and you peek out the window to see what's happening? It's just the cat version of that. :D There's some drama going on, and Leo wants to be on top of the gossip! 

dlkhain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes it's pretty much just that. Curiosity.

You can start "worrying" if he starts spraying in the house because he thinks those cats represent a threat to him, but just looking is completely normal.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's the cat equivalent of rubber necking. I have several cats and they all run to the window to look and bump into each other trying to see if they can have a quick peek.