question on possible preg. cat

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Junior67! Now, you must tell me about that userid ... I am a Nascar fan so I automagically assumed you liked Dale Jr. LOL

Speaking of Himmies ... the first Himmies I ever met were a pair of litter mates, Seal and Blue Point, male and female, respectively. Dusty and Daisy were there names. Beautiful, healthy cats! They were quite sweet.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also....best to secure her indoors only at this point....cats are induced ovulators which means that if she isn't in heat and she is outside...she can still become pregnant.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
grayef---- LOL nope nothing like that. Growing up my dad always called me Junior (I am a girl so not a jr. hahaaa!) so tried to get an e-mail addy with that and my birth year (72) but it was taken so could only get 67. So now I just use that on boards I post on. hahaaa. My real name is Heather.

I LOVE LOVE himmies but so much work to keep brushed! I have one persian now, he is my baby and follows me around all over like a puppy. We had one tortie point, a chocolate point, and the male was a flame point. LOVE THE FLAME points! and the kittens were a mix.
When we had to put one of my cats to sleep years ago my hubby knew I wanted either a persian or himmie but knew we didn't have the $$$$$$$ for one. Well there was a sign at our vets about a single kitten from a litter with no papers that was cheaper so he went and got him and suprised me. He was the surviving baby from a litter.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Katie--- thanks. she is an indoor cat and the only reason she got out was my 3 yr old let her out and didn't tell us even after a couple hours when I noticed I hadn't seen or "heard" her (since she was in heat) that morning. by then she was already gone. other times we see her sneak out and get her the 2nd she gets out. So far (as of now) she hasn't tried to get out again since her 6 day stay outside. And my little one MISSED her so much so we had a talk about her letting her out so hopefully she won't again. and we are back to keeping the chain on the door 24/7 now........

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior67

Katie--- thanks. she is an indoor cat and the only reason she got out was my 3 yr old let her out and didn't tell us even after a couple hours when I noticed I hadn't seen or "heard" her (since she was in heat) that morning. by then she was already gone. other times we see her sneak out and get her the 2nd she gets out. So far (as of now) she hasn't tried to get out again since her 6 day stay outside. And my little one MISSED her so much so we had a talk about her letting her out so hopefully she won't again. and we are back to keeping the chain on the door 24/7 now........
Moe then likely she got pregnant

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
momof3---- Yeah my oldest daughter (this is her kitty) asked what the chances were I figured she was pregnant I told her I would say about 95% that she is preggo.

How long did you skittles get out for? Angel has been sleeping LOTS it seems and playing a little less than normal. Normally since she is the "baby" of the house (in cats) at 2 yrs old she is a pain and harrassing the other cats. LOL but since she came home she has been very calm! Not acting sick or anything and eating great, and drinking etc. and coming up and snuggling with us just not being a pain. heheee. Figure after 6 days gone she is probably TIRED.

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior67

thanks Gayef. It was ok though I was just reading along.
Interesting to learn new things but gotta go with what I feel I can do and is right for me.

My daughter is trying to figure out where she can put her birds so the cat can stay in her room near the end if she is indeed pg......... Thinking of trying to get hooks to hang the cages from the ceiling..... but not sure the cat would be happy locked up in there either.............

Oh well still have time to wait and see. Normally she goes into heat every 2-4 weeks (I think) IK it seems like non stop, during the spring and summer so should know by the end of the mo. either by that or her getting big. She is on the thin side (always has been and eats plenty) to begin with so think she would start to show fairly quick and will check her nipples too.
I do want to suggest you don't just wait to see, she needs to be seen by a vet and tested for FEL V. Not only can she pass it on to the kittens, who won't thrive, but she can pass it onto your other cats. And there are two types of the virus, one of them is more severe, and the cats usually do not live as long, and have many more serious problems. She was out long enough that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I do feel I must add that to me, whether it's this topic, or any other, even something as innocuous as where to keep them, I've always felt it was more important to do what's right for the cat and kittens, not necessarily what's right for me.