Question of the Day, Wednesday, September 6, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :lovecat2: My sister is in town for a high school reunion and staying for a weeklong visit. She is my only sibling and fortunately we get along great 95% of the time. Every now and then we have some minor tiffs but otherwise we're best friends and tell each other everything.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SIBLINGS? HOW MANY AND DO YOU GET ALONG WITH THEM?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two, a sister three years older and a half brother nearly 18 years younger. My sister and I have always had a strained relationship which has worsened as we have gotten older. She teased me continuously as a child and now picks and digs instead. My brother is six months younger than my son, a late life child of my fathers who is usually in trouble and who I keep at a distance.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two older half sisters - we get along well! Albeit I grew up as an only child (They lived far away, though still kept in contact).

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one biological sister, 2 years older than me and we get along great, I consider her one of my best friends. I have 2 younger step-brothers, and we also get along fine enough. They are my step-mother's kids. They came into my life when I was like 17, they were only 10 (they're twins). So of course I had a busy social life and work and collage....we never really "bonded". They're great guys...we're just not...close. I also technically have a step-sister, my step-dad's daughter. She's one year older than me, and I can count on one hand how many times I've seen her. She's not in the picture and is not a nice person. The only time she comes around is when she wants money from my step-dad. She doesn't even call him on his birthday or father's day...it's so sad. My sister and I try to make up for it though. He gets his calls, gifts and thanks from us. Mom has said on multiple occasions how much he appreciates that we appreciate him.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have/had two older brothers. One was nine years older than me the other is twelve years older than me. Like any siblings closeness has waxed and waned over the years. The brother that was nine years older than me died in February of 2020. His death, Covid and issues with my mother has really changed the family dynamic. We see less of each other now than we used to.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have four brothers no sisters. I get on with all of them most of the time. It's easier now we are all older. There was big age gaps between me and my brothers, eldest brother 17 years and my youngest brother was 6 years older than me. I really didn't see the elder two brothers as I grew up they had their own family. I was a aunt at 2 years old. We talk often now and I wouldn't swap any of them even though they are still annoying at times. :lol:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One brother. Even though he lives in a small town near me, we text or talk every 1-2 days, but seldom see each other. We get along well enough.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have one brother who’s five years older. He was pretty awful to me when we were growing up; even my mother said so. She told me that when they brought me home from the hospital, he asked if they had to keep me and could they take me back. :lol: That set the tone for us until we were in our 30s when we started getting along better. We really did pull together for the sake of my mom and dad when they were elderly and needed care. Now that they’re gone, we’ve maintained a cordial, although not close, relationship.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one sister, 8 years younger, we have always gotten along really well. I was 8 when she was born and I couldn't wait to run to school to tell everyone that I had a sister. Unfortunately for her, it's almost like she had two moms because I was (and still am) very protective. We chat pretty much every day. Sadly, we live in different states and she is caregiver for our father so she can't travel, and my husband has medical issues so I can't leave him here to travel, so we haven't seen each other in a lot of years.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 younger sisters and a younger brother. I get along great with all of them, though don't seem them as much as I'd like as we all don't live very close to each other. We're in the same state, but long distances between. I see my brother most since he travels around for his work and will pop over when he can.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was an only child, parents that were older when they married and had me so I was an only child. I wasn't the stereotypical spoiled only child. We lived on a farm with all the chores that go along with that. My parents were also products of the Great Depression so they were frugal and lived below their means. I think that was very common with people who were old enough to realize what was going on during the Great Depression.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My parents were also products of the Great Depression so they were frugal and lived below their means.
Same here, my mom had a big family with many brothers and sisters. Her parents had a business so the oldest sibling was like their second mother. My mom saved everything and repurposed it while my dad watched the budget.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,my Dad had a whole other family with 5 kids before he met and married my Mom,,and Mom had a daughter.He had 4 sons and a daughter...3 of the boys are gone now,and his daughter is alive and living in NY still.Long story,but suffice it to say we only had a relationship with one brother who lived in Hyde Park and then Raleigh.I was raised with her daughter and we have remained quite close and talk all the time.I did discover my brother's adopted daughter Dana,and we have a wonderful relationship.So very thankful for her!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 siblings. 1 Sister deceased. 2 Brothers. One brother is a communicator, the other is not. Neither brother lives close. Both brothers live within 50 miles of each other. The cummunicating brother sends me updates on the other brother and his family.