Question of the Day, Wednesday, September 27, 2023

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plastic, because as others have said, I reuse them for various things. When they get more than I can use easily, I take them back and recycle them. I don't like getting paper because I hate seeing more trees be cut down to make stuff.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What do all of you who have given up the plastic shopping bags use for scooping litter boxes. It's just Giant Eagle here right now but I think it will spread to the other stores.
I use a Litter Genie for waste, and purchased Doggie Poop Bags for vomit....

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no choice, I have to bring my own reusable bags with me to the grocery store - Plastic bags are banned where I live so the stores don't give them out anymore.

I don't mind it, but I often forget them in the car and end up buying more :lol: :sweat: And I do question the validity of them actually being better in terms of environmental prowess, but that is a topic for another time!

If given the choice, I do like paper bags for the most part.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
What do all of you who have given up the plastic shopping bags use for scooping litter boxes. It's just Giant Eagle here right now but I think it will spread to the other stores.
I use those small brown paper lunch bags. One bag holds enough for about two-and-a-half days for two cats.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :lovecat2: I always keep a few tote bags as well as plastic bags in my car. When I go grocery shopping I bring the tote bags in with me if I remember them. If not, the person bagging will ask if I want plastic or paper.

DO YOU BRING YOUR OWN BAG(S) TO THE GROCERY STORE? IF NOT, DO YOU PREFER PLASTIC OR PAPER BAGS?
We can pay for some paper bags here but plastic are not allowed. I have bags I keep in my car; but I don’t always remember them or bring enough. I put boxes in my trunk for when I do my grocery pickups.

I miss plastic bags for when we are doing things like going to the beach where we will have wet and sandy clothes we want to contain the mess of. Or bringing things to people. Ive had the paper bags rip when ive used them. Of course they were always good for litter box scooping and isolating stinky garbage. Now I buy small trash bags for the litter box; but being scented I don’t use them for wet clothes or things like that.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use those small brown paper lunch bags. One bag holds enough for about two-and-a-half days for two cats.
I have a stack of those here, I use them to ripen stone fruits that I buy from the Supermarket. I thought about trying that but I have a large wide scoop so I don't know how that would work. They have earth friendly bags that are for cleaning up dog poop on walks. I thought about those. Amazon has them in packs of 300 and the price works out to 4 cents apiece.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What do all of you who have given up the plastic shopping bags use for scooping litter boxes.
I've actually thought about this and have been semi-hoarding plastic bags. :lol: However, after having dogs I'd probably use the dog poop bags as a last resort.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 poop buckets that I wash every 4 weeks. One is to carry their poop & pee out to the other bucket with a lid in the garage, lined with plastic garbage bag, which gets changed about once a week