Question of the Day, Wednesday, September 14, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning, almost afternoon, and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat:

Sometime ago we replaced our bathroom vanity and I don't know what we were thinking because even though it gave us more floor space the vanity top is much smaller. Hence, we cannot put many necessary items on top of the vanity so I bought a 3-drawer storage cabinet. The only items we have on the vanity top are: two toothbrush holders w/toothbrushes, skin lotion, liquid soap and my hair brush.

WHAT'S ON YOUR BATHROOM VANITY OR SINK TOP?

Last edited:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just liquid hand soap and a small vase of flowers. In the winter I replace the vase with a little scented candle.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My bathroom - Liquid soap and two kinds of lotion. Main bathroom which is way way larger than mine - toothbrush in charger, mirror, liquid soap, hand lotion, curling iron.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When we did our bathroom over, we put two sinks in. And we have a counter-to-ceiling set of cabinets and drawers in the middle of the sinks. Rick has his soap and dish on his side and I have mine on my side. I have a prayer plant on my side, too. That's it. Everything else is in drawers or cabinets.

Bathroom.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When we did our bathroom over, we put two sinks in. And we have a counter-to-ceiling set of cabinets and drawers in the middle of the sinks. Rick has his soap and dish on his side and I have mine on my side. I have a prayer plant on my side, too. That's it. Everything else is in drawers or cabinets.
Your bathroom renovation is lovely - did Rick and you do it yourselves?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Your bathroom renovation is lovely - did Rick and you do it yourselves?
Thank you neely neely ! Rick tore apart the bathroom and completely gutted it. We had a huge double closet in the bathroom that did nothing but take up space and give us a tiny little vanity that had no room at all. That closet was the first thing to go. When it came time to install the new plumbing, cabinets, and shower, we had people come in to that work. This was Rick's baby. I just chose the paint colors. It was worth every penny. Thanks!

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just liquid hand soap and a small vase of flowers. In the winter I replace the vase with a little scented candle.
You're a minimalist like me. I have liquid hand soap ( the container says Home Is Where The Cat Is, to match the two hand towels hanging nearby } and my water pic. Nothing is out until I'm ready to use it.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep almost nothing on the counter other than a liquid soap dispenser. Even my toothbrush and other dental stuff is hidden away. Maybe a cat grooming comb if I forgot to put it away elsewhere (I groom Luna while she has a drink from the sink every night)

My husband, on the other hand, has a ton of stuff and it makes me nuts. A glass filled with odds & ends; comb, a brush, shaving gel, etc. His denture holder, Deodorant, razors, on and on.

We share a very small sink area and it makes it very hard to clean with so many items out. There's a medicine cabinet and we have a very large closet in the bathroom so why he has to jam everything on the counter is beyond me. But you know what they say; pick your battles. This is one not worth fighting over LOL.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

View attachment 431570
I love your bathroom, especially the vanity area!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My bathroom: a pump soap dispenser. I sometimes put a small vase of flowers in the opposite corner. Hubby's: a lot of stuff! I hate having to move it to clean. He does have a large medicine cabinet, and a vanity with drawers. Downstairs 1/2 bath: Same as mine.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bathroom is so small,and so is my vanity, I don't keep anything out on it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
soap dispenser, vase with flowers. plug. Minimalist :)
I keep more personal stuff in the cupboards, as the bathroom is also used by students.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 431570
Those are lovely mats!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let’s see ... basin plug, tooth cup with brushes and toothpaste tubes, bottle of hand wash, nail brush, deodorant, body lotion, spray mousse, hair conditioner, small box of q-tips, and usually a cat or two, who may or may not knock all the aforementioned onto the floor.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning, almost afternoon, and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat:

Sometime ago we replaced our bathroom vanity and I don't know what we were thinking because even though it gave us more floor space the vanity top is much smaller. Hence, we cannot put many necessary items on top of the vanity so I bought a 3-drawer storage cabinet. The only items we have on the vanity top are: two toothbrush holders w/toothbrushes, skin lotion, liquid soap and my hair brush.

WHAT'S ON YOUR BATHROOM VANITY OR SINK TOP?
I plea the 5th. Everyone thinks my vanity is theirs. Even my kids who have a much larger one in their own bathroom. :rolleyes2: I was looking at double medicine cabinets the other day since I think I have enough wall space in the dressing room. That would help a lot!