Question of the Day, Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't fall into any category. I am not a fast eater but I am also not always the last one done. I am not adventurous but I am not really picky either. I don't buy a wide range of foods to cook at home but when I go out to eat I can always find things on the menu that sound good. When I go to someone's home to eat there are very few things that I won't eat. There may be things that aren't favorites or that I woudn't cook at home or order at a restaurant but I can eat them. That was the way I was a taught as a child. If someone invites me to their home and cooks for me I eat what they have made with a very few exceptions.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t think I fit any boxes either. I am not picky but there are a few “hard no” items like eggplant, okra and liver. I love to try new foods but that’s the extent of my adventurous side. I tend to eat faster than the rest of my family and probably not mindfully enough; but I do enjoy my food. I know I learned some bad food habits growing up. (Eat it while its there, eat for comfort, etc.)

Ive been listening to a few Nutritionists who discuss Disordered Eating. I really like the idea of neutralizing food’s place instead of categorizing everything and putting things on pedestals or off limits and jumping on bandwagons or refusing to knowing falling off is inevitable. I guess not being able to pick a category shows I need to keep working on it.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fast isolationist. I had weight loss surgery almost 6 years ago so I can't eat a whole meal when I go to restaurants, (but I did this before then too), but I will eat my least favorite to my favorite, one by one. The only exception to this is if my favorite thing is something that won't reheat well since I will definitely have to take food home.