Question of the Day, Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and another Happy Whiskers Wednesday to one and all. :hellocat:

My family has a wide range of eating habits. For example, DH snarfs down his food, one of my daughters eats slowly and I'm somewhere in the middle. My curiosity got the better of me so I looked up the different personality type of eaters. They range from the Slow Eater, Fast Eater, Adventurer, Picky Eater and Isolationist. The Slow Eater tends to be people who like to be in control and are confident. The Fast Eater is ambitious but also impatient. The Adventurer is an explorer, open to new things and takes risks. The Picky Eater is more reluctant to try new food, more anxious and the type of person who specifies their meal choices to the wait staff, e.g. salad dressing on the side, no sauce, etc. The Isolationist is described as a more unusual eater. They tend to eat all of one food before going on to the next or may separate the food on their plate and tend to be more detail oriented. Here is a more descriptive article about people's eating habits and what they say about you: What Your Eating Habits Reveal About Your Personality

Question of the Day - WHAT TYPE OF EATER ARE YOU?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely a faster eater, though I blame teaching for that. I used to be a strong isolationist - I'm not as much anymore, but if there are several different items on my plate that Ilike in different amounts, I will eat in order from least preferred to most preferred. If I like everything about the same I'll mix it up.

Some things I'm very picky about, and others I'll be adventurous about. Things I know I don't like (such as tomatoes), you're not going to get me to try in a form I won't already eat, but I'd tryba brand new fruit or type of meat or something of that nature.

I don't fit in boxes.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m the Adventurer type, always looking for new items on the menu or bringing something home from the store just because it looks interesting. Hubby is definitely the Fast Eater type.
1662556628556.gif

Bon Appétit!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a faster eater. I don't wolf my food down; neither do I waste about at mealtime. Michele, on the other hand, is slower, and also an isolationist, to the point that she won't even eat mixed vegetables.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Adventurer!
I eat at a normal pace and will pretty much try just about anything.
Tom I'd classify as a fast eater with adventurous tendencies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It just so happens I went out to lunch with four other women and guess who finished first - me! I never thought of myself as a fast eater so maybe the other women were just exceptionally slow. :lol:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a slow eater. I am usually the last to finish. I've gotten grief from friends for it. I was eating with a very fast eater and his girlfriend once and he was really laying into me about it. All in good fun, I'm sure. But it had happened often. I did not want to, but since this was the tenth time I had to hear it, I pulled out the big guns. I looked at him and said, "you know, there has been a correlation made between how you eat and how you make love. People who eat their food quickly have been shown to approach sex the same way ." His girlfriend almost fell out of her chair laughing and then gave him very pointed looks. :flail:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fast eater. Self employment means you make your own schedule, and if you mess up, your lunch is 5 minutes. My house is kept cool year round, so in the winter a hot dish needs to be eaten fast before it gets chilled.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I must be an adventurer.I like to enjoy what I'm eating,and am always on the lookout for new goodies at the grocery store and new recipes.There's not much I wouldn't try,but I will say there's some things I just draw the line at.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I guess I must be an adventurer.I like to enjoy what I'm eating,and am always on the lookout for new goodies at the grocery store and new recipes.There's not much I wouldn't try,but I will say there's some things I just draw the line at.
I love finding new recipes, but I'm so bad about substituting things I don't like or omitting them all together. I'm not big on sweets these days, but our grocer bakery keeps setting angel food cake out on display and I find myself accidentally knocking one into my cart on occasion :)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love finding new recipes, but I'm so bad about substituting things I don't like or omitting them all together. I'm not big on sweets these days, but our grocer bakery keeps setting angel food cake out on display and I find myself accidentally knocking one into my cart on occasion :)
I have notebooks upon notebooks full of recipes that I find interesting,and I pity my son and daughter in law when I'm gone.They'll all go to them!Angel food cakes...love it!I went for many years not making them after my first fail...it was a great doorstop!Then I really learned how to make them ...so easy!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have notebooks upon notebooks full of recipes that I find interesting,and I pity my son and daughter in law when I'm gone.They'll all go to them!Angel food cakes...love it!I went for many years not making them after my first fail...it was a great doorstop!Then I really learned how to make them ...so easy!
I have almost of my Grandma's cook books and I cherish them. As well as written recipe cards and recipes she clipped out of magazines, and a book compiled by locals back in the 80's. It's really a cool little cook book!
I found a GREAT recipe for really simple low carb cookies back in the early 2010s, it was 3 or 4 ingredients and so easy to make. And they were so good! They were almost like a shortbread, but do you think I can find that recipe anywhere? :( I know I wrote it down and put it somewhere I felt made sense, which made no sense at all. 20 years from now I'll probably find the recipe taped to an old lampshade stuffed at the back of my closet!

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say no need to be negative about it either way. We are unique and whichever way we eat is fine. No use worrying and talking it to death.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Fast eater. Since when I was a child I was trained to eat fast so I would not be late for school.