Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 4, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon & another Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :hellocat: I just got home and the first thing I always do is greet Carleton. Unless he's sound asleep he comes up to welcome me and I say, "hi honey or hi baby boy, mama loves you.":catlove: I've done this with all my animals past and present. How about you?

DO YOU GREET YOUR CAT(S)? WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THEM?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm just coming home I say their names and they meow back, followed by "Move before I step on you"
Then it turns into "Don't lick me" then "Quit kneading me with your claws" and then "Just get off of me".

Edit: I should mention that I love them very much and they are always near/touching me. But when I get home, my hands are usually full and I'm busy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work from home so I'm here most of the time. If I have to go out I always say, "Babies! Mama's home!" When I get back. At least one of them is by the door though. They do NOT like it when I leave the house. Even if it's just to take the trash out or go to the mailbox. Me putting shoes on creates panic and disorderly conduct.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do NOT like it when I leave the house. Even if it's just to take the trash out or go to the mailbox. Me putting shoes on creates panic and disorderly conduct.
Both cats if they see hubby and I moving around, putting on shoes, etc. will both disappear. I think they figure they're going to be going to the vet. (We don't go out that much, and often times it's just me).

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both cats if they see hubby and I moving around, putting on shoes, etc. will both disappear. I think they figure they're going to be going to the vet. (We don't go out that much, and often times it's just me).
They REALLY hate Tuesday evenings. The trash and recycling get picked up on Wednesday so on Tuesday evening any extra cardboard boxes get broken down and brought to the bin. There are a few boxes that they love so they will go to those boxes and sit in them or stand on them to make sure I don't take any of those. :flail:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say goodbye baby, mama loves you. Then when I get back I say Hi Baby, mama loves you. I missed you. Were you a good girl/boy? The outdoor ferals, if they are around, I just say Hi! Don't be scared, mama loves you.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we leave the house to go somewhere,we always tell everybody to "behave guys"...and that includes the pooch.When we get home,it's usually "we're home!"They're so laid back that really the only one who comes forth to greet is Otter.The cats are usually on their perches or in their beds,and Livvy's deaf/blind, so she probably didn't even know we were gone,bless her.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm just coming home I say their names and they meow back, followed by "Move before I step on you"
Then it turns into "Don't lick me" then "Quit kneading me with your claws" and then "Just get off of me".

Edit: I should mention that I love them very much and they are always near/touching me. But when I get home, my hands are usually full and I'm busy.
Similar here! It's usually "Hello babies" quickly followed by "Get Out of the Doorway!"

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When I come home, IF Geoffrey does not greet me, I will call out, "Geffie, I'm home! Mama is home!" He usually comes out to greet me, and yell at me for leaving him. If I am gone for hours, he will come over to me, at the sink, while I am washing my hands and rub in and out of my legs.

Other times, he hears my keys in the door, peeks out from the bedroom to greet me... and yell at me...

If he does not greet me, I will go over to him, on my bed, and say, "Mama's home, baby". "Mam loves you"...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They REALLY hate Tuesday evenings. The trash and recycling get picked up on Wednesday so on Tuesday evening any extra cardboard boxes get broken down and brought to the bin. There are a few boxes that they love so they will go to those boxes and sit in them or stand on them to make sure I don't take any of those. :flail:
I have a couple boxes I've kept around because Cricket likes to get on them occasionally. One of them the printer came in and we've had it a very long time, and have named it "Cricket Tower." The other one from the microwave I finally broke down. I keep thinking I should get a small table or something to put there for her because she used it to jump up on the stereo. The things we do for cats :flail:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
"I'm home" as soon as I get in the door. Whether I get a greeting really depends on how comfortable they are... or how close to mealtime it is.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
"Pooppers!" My standard greeting to every dog or cat in my eye sight. When we were on vacation and I'd see a dog, I'd say "Pooppers!" and the dog would wag his or her tail like crazy.

Molli is usually "Hey Babe!" or "Morning Babe!" She's my Babe.
Tabby is "Mama's Tabby Babby!"
And Muffin is "Muffin-Stuffin' How are you this morning?"

When we came home on Thursday, Tabby and Muffin met us on the steps in the living room. "Mama's girls! I'm so glad to see you!" Rick opened the bedroom door and Mollipop shot out the hallway. "Babe! Hey, Babe!"