Question Of The Day, Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You've been given the gift of communication with cats. What is the VERY FIRST thing you ask yours?

I want to know if she likes her name (Hekitty), or if there is something else she would prefer to go by.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I have SO many questions for Charlie :lol:

I guess the first thing I would ask is what the secret to his extraordinary confidence is, so I can apply it to my own life.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm......i'd ask our Punky what it is about plastic that she likes to chew and swallow it so much. this after she got a hold of a little piece of plastic (shipping package) tape today and swallowed a small piece of the little piece, vomited twice...the second time bringing up said bit of plastic tape. it happened so fast too! i saw the bit of tape fly off one of the items i was carrying and Punky was on it immediately, as i was going over to get it. i even cut the tape to open the packages in the back enclosed porch, and the boxes are left out there. this was a piece of plastic tape that 'hitched a ride' indoors with me.

with both Punky and DeeDee, i'd try to explain the reasons why they shouldn't eat bugs. and i'd ask if the bugs tasted good.

with our Dude, i'd ask him if there's anything he'd like that we don't have here, and if any of his teeth are hurting him (he has FORLs).

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd ask Casper to tell me exactly what food would make him happy. He has kidney disease and has gotten quite picky about his food.
Cocoa? I'd like to know how she wound up living on the street since she's SO well socialized. I'm sure she has a back story of some kind.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To Indy and Squee: "Why don't you cuddle with me?!"

To Tango: I'd ask her what her life was like on the streets (er... the trailer park).

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"How do you *really* see us humans?"

And then to Morgana "When are you going to stop planning world domination? That secret lair in the house is taking up space and those high tech computers make a lot of noise. And your helicopter out back is making the neighbors ask questions"

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have so many, I don't know which one to start with. It would probably just be WHY?
To Samai: Why are you so destructive? Why must you climb to the top of the curtains? Why do you climb up to the top of things and knock everything off, then leave? Why do you come up to me to snuggle and then draw blood? Why do you climb into my bedroom garbage can just to get a piece of paper? JUST WHY?

To Onsa: Why does your nose run everytime you purr and why do you feel the need to wipe it off on my face?

But honestly, I would probably ask them if they are happy and if anything is bothering them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I would ask them if they are happy. I have always wondered if indoor cats are really happy or if they would like to go outside. That would present a real conundrum if they would like to go outside.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would be afraid to ask Carleton what life was like before we adopted him. I wouldn't want him to recall all the terrible memories from the hoarder's garage. However, I would like to know why his paws are so extremely sensitive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I would ask them if they are happy. I have always wondered if indoor cats are really happy or if they would like to go outside. That would present a real conundrum if they would like to go outside.
On the positive side of that, if we could talk with them, we could explain the dangers outside, and get them to agree to stay in a certain area...maybe. They are cats, after all!