Question of the Day, Wednesday October 19, 2022

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a grocery order on Monday and that was the last time I left the house. It's pretty normal for me to be home for several days, but I've also been sick since Sunday so I have an actual reason for staying home as opposed to just being a recluse.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been anywhere in awhile,so maybe the last place for me was our doctors appointment when we got our boosters.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The dentist :(
I couldn't put it off any longer.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. If I choose to get the Booster, I'll ask for Modena.
I had Pfizer and the only reaction I had was a sore arm. I got the flu shot at the same time, and that arm was more sore than the covid one. I think it's not a matter of which one you get, just how you react to it. I decided to stick with what I had been getting.

As for the last place I went? Stopped at the grocery store after my cat care shift at the rescue.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KittenKnittenKing - do you know the Cats Helping with Yarncraft forum thread? Been going years and has over 53 000 posts. (The “helping with yarncraft” bit tends to be flexible. If there’s knit or crochet nearby, that counts. “Nearby” can mean in view/in the same room/in the same house/on the same continent/on the same planet. What matters is KITTIES!)
I am also a knitter, but I do not let my cats get anywhere near my yarn. Especially Austin, as he would like nothing more than to grab an end and be off with it. I'm not worried about my yarn, but it can end up being a life threatening emergency. If it gets far enough back in their mouth it will get caught on their tongue and they can't spit it out. If they swallow it, it can get wrapped around their intestines. Ever since I learned that, I've been super careful. I'll pick up my WIP and carry it with me if I have to get up. And if you happen to see a piece of string/yarn hanging out of a cats mouth, don't pull on it, take cat to the vet! (You can google why this is dangerous, including some pretty gruesome pictures).

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KittenKnittenKing - do you know the Cats Helping with Yarncraft forum thread? Been going years and has over 53 000 posts. (The “helping with yarncraft” bit tends to be flexible. If there’s knit or crochet nearby, that counts. “Nearby” can mean in view/in the same room/in the same house/on the same continent/on the same planet. What matters is KITTIES!)
Thanks for the link..I will take a look when I have some time today!

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also a knitter, but I do not let my cats get anywhere near my yarn. Especially Austin, as he would like nothing more than to grab an end and be off with it. I'm not worried about my yarn, but it can end up being a life threatening emergency. If it gets far enough back in their mouth it will get caught on their tongue and they can't spit it out. If they swallow it, it can get wrapped around their intestines. Ever since I learned that, I've been super careful. I'll pick up my WIP and carry it with me if I have to get up. And if you happen to see a piece of string/yarn hanging out of a cats mouth, don't pull on it, take cat to the vet! (You can google why this is dangerous, including some pretty gruesome pictures).
My senior will not play with ANY toys except when I dangle yarn in front of her or do 'airplanes' She used to play with the feather wand but now is scared of the feathers! I have no clue and won't even try to figure that one out!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lowes, Target, and Giant (in that order) on Tuesday.
We are getting flu shots and the Moderna boosters this coming Tuesday.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I volunteer at a food drive every Wednesday afternoon, so that's the last place I've been. Absolutely beautiful views of the bay from the school campus where the drive is held.

IMG_8197.jpeg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I’m very aware of this, too. I don’t mind them wrestling with WIP or FO (but not my best jumper, Daisy! :argh:) but I take yarn away from them immediately.

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I’m very aware of this, too. I don’t mind them wrestling with WIP or FO (but not my best jumper, Daisy! :argh:) but I take yarn away from them immediately.
Thank you. Good to know. She won't go near any yarn while I am using it. But likes to play if I dangle an end of a separate strand and sge grabs and lets go. I will be super careful from now on knowing that. she used to love playing with her feather fishing rod/wand, but is scared to death of the feathers now..go figure ! ?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Good to know. She won't go near any yarn while I am using it. But likes to play if I dangle an end of a separate strand and sge grabs and lets go. I will be super careful from now on knowing that. she used to love playing with her feather fishing rod/wand, but is scared to death of the feathers now..go figure ! ?
My two have never liked the feather toys - not scared though, I wonder how that came about? Phoebe likes chasing shadows, best is if someone wiggles their fingers for her and she leaps at those shadows. Daisy picked a fight with my knitting pattern yesterday!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went for groceries this AM, so that's the last place I've been.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The airport - was visiting my sister for a week.