Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 18, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed another thing that can change your hair type is hormones, especially if you've had a child or gone through that not so lovely stage of menopause. :hmmm: As for men, they can have changes too. DH had thick, curly hair when he was younger but it's straighter and there's less of it now.
Does it also change your body hair? My arms aren’t as hairy as they once were and I hardly shave anymore; but man leave my eyebrows alone! :lol: (My grandma said she shaved her legs once and never had to again; but I don’t know when that was. So maybe its a little genetic. I should have asked her 20 years ago.:rolleyes2:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Does it also change your body hair? My arms aren’t as hairy as they once were and I hardly shave anymore; but man leave my eyebrows alone! :lol: (My grandma said she shaved her legs once and never had to again; but I don’t know when that was. So maybe its a little genetic. I should have asked her 20 years ago.:rolleyes2:)
The short answer to your question is, yes, it can affect body hair but obviously everyone is different. Hair loss can slow down or stop new hair growth due to less estrogen or progesterone. I also wished I talked to my mom before she passed away since she never discussed menopause with me or my sister and we did not have the same side effects.