Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 11, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kneading: We got a coupon in the mail for Chick-Fil-A and since my husband has never been there he's itching to try it. Which brings up my thoughts about some of the worst fast food chains. Most everyone has had one or more bad experiences at a fast food restaurant, whether the food itself, the service, the cleanliness, the prices, etc. Quite awhile ago I got sick from the food at Taco Bell. It could have very well been food poisoningl but as a result I never went back. How about you?

WHAT IS THE WORST FAST FOOD CHAIN WHERE YOU LIVE? PLEASE LET US KNOW WHY.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
KFC

Good elsewhere but the one right near my home is beyond awful for food and service. IDK how they run out of basic chicken parts. How do you run out of original flavor? I mean, the entire brand is based on that.

Thankfully there's a Popeyes close by also which we both prefer if in the mood for fried chicken (which, doesn't happen a lot).

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kneading: We got a coupon in the mail for Chick-Fil-A and since my husband has never been there he's itching to try it. Which brings up my thoughts about some of the worst fast food chains. Most everyone has had one or more bad experiences at a fast food restaurant, whether the food itself, the service, the cleanliness, the prices, etc. Quite awhile ago I got sick from the food at Taco Bell. It could have very well been food poisoningl but as a result I never went back. How about you?

WHAT IS THE WORST FAST FOOD CHAIN WHERE YOU LIVE? PLEASE LET US KNOW WHY.
Chick-Fil-A is decent, but way too expensive and their politics stink (or at least to me) so we avoid it.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Health experts recommend that you should restrict your consumption of fast food at chains. So, bad fast food chain experiences that may induce you to follow the advice, are actually good experiences.

As for me, I find that I can prepare fast food at home just as fast, taking into consideration travel time. Not to mention fuel costs, queues and health risks, including covid.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I rarely eat fast food, I got away from it in my early 40's. I can easily count on one hand how many times I eat it in a year. Like everything else it has gotten crazy expensive which takes away it's main advantage. I did get food poisoning once from McDonald's, that was a little over thirty years ago.

The last time I got KFC which was a while ago I was disappointed. I used to like the extra crispy but it isn't as good as it used to be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
KFC Good elsewhere but the one right near my home is beyond awful for food and service. IDK how they run out of basic chicken parts.
This reminds me of what happened years ago here. Supposedly someone brought home KFC and said they got a fried rat head instead of fried chicken. 😱 I'm honestly not sure if it was validated. Although it wasn't one of the fast food chains I went to back then I never forgot the story.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m eating Chick-Fil-A as I read this. :lol:

The worst here is…. Wendys I guess. I haven’t tried in well over a decade though. If I want a burger fix we have a couple much better options. Other than Frostys; I can’t think of anything that stands out there. And those are just for sore throats.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind the fast food chains. There isn't a lot that I can order, being vegetarian. But there is something I like at each one. Prices have gotten too high though, especially Burger King.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Subway has gone down hill big time, so I'll go with that. As for Chick-fil-a, I've never been there and never will because of their stances on human rights. Culver's has terrible fries (crinkle cut, barf), but most of their other stuff is good.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This reminds me of what happened years ago here. Supposedly someone brought home KFC and said they got a fried rat head instead of fried chicken. 😱 I'm honestly not sure if it was validated. Although it wasn't one of the fast food chains I went to back then I never forgot the story.
That story has been around for years and I believe it was debunked.

As for me, I find that I can prepare fast food at home just as fast, taking into consideration travel time. Not to mention fuel costs,
I'm with you there. Town is 30 minutes away. I think the last time I had fast food was little over 2 years ago. I had just got out of the hospital and I wanted a BLT..bad. Stopped at Sonic for one, but that was the last time I ate out.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We really don't eat at those places very much anymore.I cannot say I've had a bad experience at those that we have here in town,but we're a small town,so we have sonic,mickey d's,wendy's,taco bell and burger king.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Subway has gone down hill big time, so I'll go with that. As for Chick-fil-a, I've never been there and never will because of their stances on human rights. Culver's has terrible fries (crinkle cut, barf), but most of their other stuff is good.
I always sub my fries for the cheese curds at Culver's!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think any of them are any good anymore...or maybe it's just me. I used to eat fast food for lunch just about every day when I worked, usually Wendy's because it was close or sometimes Arbys. I've eaten at both fairly recently and didn't care for either. Also got a burger at Burger King and threw half of it away. The only place I get fast food these days is Jersey Mike's, and even they aren't as good as they used to be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
As for Chick-fil-a, I've never been there and never will because of their stances on human rights.
Thanks for enlightening me, I had no idea. Since I'm vegetarian I have never eaten there but looked it up and will let DH know too.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Subway has been pretty bad for quite a while and the prices have gotten ridiculous.

KFC would get my vote though. DD and I picked up an order from the drive through a few years ago. DD got the famous bowl and when she went to eat it there was a very strong bleach smell. Clearly whoever was cleaning the counters was spraying it with a lot of enthusiasm and got it on the containers and lids. By the time we got home they were closed so I had to go back. I went in and talked to the manager and when I told him what happened he didn't look at all surprised. He gave me a refund. We haven't been back since.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The food at Sonic is sub-par. Their drinks and treats are good though. I've never eaten at Arby's; it just doesn't look appetizing. And they recently opened a Runza in a nearby town but everyone says it's terrible. I tried to eat there last time I was in that town, just to try it, but they were out of Runza meat, which seems like a poor business plan, lol.

I pretty much only eat at Qdoba or the Poké Bowl/boba tea place. If I'm with my family they always want Culver's.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Worst has to be Taco Bell here - you get a tortilla shell with basically the bare minimum inside - couple crumbs of hamburger some green strings that look more like caterpillars than lettuce and what's that orange thing? Oh that's a sliver of cheese & missing items where you have to go back. Yeah they are bad. Best around here is Chik-F- A, great staff, never a messed up order.