Question of the day Wednesday November 4

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Poppycat will sometimes reach out and put a paw on our arm or hand if he wants us to stop whatever it is that we're doing, for example if his fur is getting full of static from petting.

Other times, especially when I'm grooming him and the brush finds a mat in his fur, he'll give me The Look which states very clearly to Cease and Desist :).

What are ways your cat asks you to stop doing something?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lilith makes her feelings known by screeching like a little banshee. She also does this whenever she doesn't get her way. Or when she does get her way but I wasn't fast enough. She's a bossy little thing. :lol: :devilcat:

Sophie smacks my hand with her paw. This doesn't happen often though. I will get scolded if I take too long getting breakfast or dinner but she's more easy going than her sister. Not much though. She gets really mad if she wants some of my food (especially steak) and I take too long giving her some. Then I get yelled at.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch just uses her expressions mostly. She is chatty too; but it's really her looks that tell you what she is thinking! The other morning she had taken her meds and then was on the 5 hour wait (20 minutes) for me to give her her "soup" and then food. She was sitting about a foot from her dishes GLARING off to the side. It was almost time. I just wanted to sweep first because of all the mess around her bowl! :lol: Plus if I feed her too soon after meds; she's more likely to throw them up.

0B5474BB-95AD-447E-BEE0-8B6875070F2D.jpeg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Luna's is not a fan of being over loved. Her back legs start kicking me, and she will push me away with her front paws. The message is VERY clearly received!
Or she'll jump off from where she is. Not necessarily walk away completely, but lets me know she's had enough.

Cocoa on the other hand, loves being pet and loved on but will reach a limit after a while. She'll hop off and head for lower or higher ground.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine will just walk away/jump off my lap. I swear there is absolutely no aggression in any of my kitties, towards us or among each other. Sometimes a few gentle bites, or the paws will reach out, but that always means they want to play or want attention. I will often get dirty looks if I stop loving on them before they wanted me to.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sopdet will go the the scratching post and scratch furiously. She can’t vocalize because of damaged vocal chords(past abuse in hoarding situation). Treasure will just disappear for hours. Of course being ferals he could just be doing what ferals do.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i use a trick i got off a jackson galaxy episode i watch graycies tail when its lashing and giving a thump on whatever she is laying on a warning bite is in the near future if i dont stop whatever it is i am doing thats annoying her at the same time she does that when she wants to play to but the look in her eyes is diffferent. its complicated all this trying to read what your cats telling you. :flail: few times durin this past summer after a good sweaty workout i would be sitting on my couch to catch a breather before jumping in the shower graycie would come up give a sniff and paw a lil at my armpits like she was trying to bury it is the only way i could describe it:lol: i get maybe i gota lil stench going on but no need to paw at me like your burying stuff in the litter box is there?