Question of the Day, Wednesday, November 1, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers 1st Day of November! :lovecat3: We had our first snow of the season yesterday so I got my sweats out, (sweat shirt/hoodie and pants). One thing I like about my sweats is that I don't wash them every time after I wear them. I also don't wash my jeans after I wear them each time since they say it ruins the denim, wears down the fibers, makes them lose their shape and color.

WHAT CLOTHES DO YOU NOT WASH AFTER WEARING THEM EACH TIME?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reversing your question, neely neely Underwear and socks get washed after one wearing. Any outerwear that is dirty gets washed the next day. Flannel shirt that goes on top of T-shirt can wait, ditto jeans unless they are really dirty after yard work. Anything that is going to be put away for the season must be clean before storage..

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also tend to just wash underwear and socks after one wearing. When I was still physically going to work, I would wash all my work clothes after one wearing.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jeans. And my wool sweaters, I wash them as infrequently as possible. Often if I've worn a sweatshirt or a flannel on top of another shirt I won't wash right away unless it got dirty.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put on a clean outfit every morning after my shower. Dirty outfit gets put in the hamper tote, I do the laundry once a week on Monday. Coat, mittens, wallet gets washed every 2 weeks along with the shower curtain. I wear sweatpants & shirt for pajamas, I wear those 2 nights, then they go into tote to be washed. I leave my socks on from the day and sleep in them. One pair of socks each day. Oh, and one headband and scrunchie per day. I wash them too, in a mesh bag, I have one for every day of the week, so I can have a fresh one each day. I wash my sandals every night, I have two pair, so switch off. Then when I go out on Fri, Sat, Sun I wear boots, so I wash those when I get home on those 3 nights.Put my sandals back on and wash my boots in the dish water, so they are ready to wear the next day.

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeans. Only have one pair. Also, my MUSE hoodie I won't wash after each use (when it gets cold enough to actually wear it).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of my clothing except underwear, socks and tops that were worn most of a day. I have around the house clothes and going places clothes. So really it depends on how long I wore it or if I got hot/sweaty/dirty. Having a teen I’m discovering stink can build up in fabrics and ruin them. :barfgreen: And that reminds me; I’ve got a load ready to switch.:lol:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will wait a couple days on clothes I wear around the house unless they have cat hair on them or are stained (left-handed so I spill a lot). I have this thing about not being able to wear anything with a stain on it. This excludes underwear, of course, which gets washed after each wear.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my clothes (except underwear). I hate wearing socks, so if I go out wearing them and was only gone for an hour or so, I will re-wear them because I take them off the moment I get home. Same goes for shirts.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much everything gets tossed in the laundry hamper after wearing except for my zip up sweatshirt with a hood.It may get worn 3 or 4 times and in the hamper it goes.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I usually put all of my dirty clothes in the hamper to be washed at the end of the week. Socks & PJs I will wear more than once before washing cause I have separate clothes I wear around the house. Any clothes I wear out gets tossed in the basket. Underwear & Bra gets changed every other day. All dirty laundry gets washed during the weekend.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of them! Jeans and sweatpants get washed once in a blue moon. Shirts and tees can usually get a couple of wears before needing a wash - I'm not very active and don't sweat a lot these days. Pants after every wear, socks after two if I've just been sitting around at home. Jumpers as rarely as possible, since it's better to air them - hand washing and drying knitwear is a royal pain in the backside.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My gardening and painting clothes. They only get washed when they're so stiff with mud they can stand up by themselves.

:lol:

My wool sweaters only get washed about once a winter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My wool sweaters only get washed about once a winter.
Thanks for mentioning wool sweaters. They're a pain to wash and shape by hand. If I wear a top underneath them I can wait longer to wash the sweater since the top gets washed after I wear it, not the sweater.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I will wear an outfit especially with pants if I do not get them dirty like with food or something. And sometimes socks if they are super comfy.