Question Of The Day, Wednesday, May 8, 2019

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
BUT, starting life $50,000 in debt and then not being able to find a job in your field is a real risk (as my cousin who works decorating cakes at Walmart, with an expensive degree, can tell you). Trade school may be a better option for many people. Plumbers and electricians make good money!
Certainly if you choose college you need to select your degree carefully with post college employment in mind but if you do that a college degree opens door in most fields that would otherwise be closed. And there are ways to lessen the cost like living at home while attending, going to a two year community college the first couple of years and then transferring to a four year college and going the route I went - getting grades high enough to get scholarships and working 30 hours a week and more during breaks throughout college.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love is blind.
No, I think true love sees truly, and loves anyway.
Margret
You are right, @Margret ; I made a mistake by posting this statement as such, without any explanation.
When you are (madly) in love with a person at the initial stage, you can be in complete denial (blindness) of any negative thinking or feeling or criticalness about that person. Later, after you really get to know that other person, it happens that you don't understand why you fell in love with that person.

I had a few experiences like this, but don't get me wrong; I believe in true love and I feel very fortunate to have met the love of my life and to have been in a relationship with him for more than 11 years, until he passed.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You truly love someone for what's inside, not how they look.

Old age isn't for sissies.

Tell people you love and appreciate them while they can hear you.

You can't change someone.

Real love never walks away when the going gets tough.

People and relationships aren't disposable.

Life goes on even when it hurts.

The last thing some people say is, "Hold my beer and watch this."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just thought of this one...
Never believe it when someone says, "I didn't mean what I said, I was drunk." There is NOTHING so honest as a drunk!

And something my father told me, "Don't get involved with people who hate cats. They ALL have something wrong with them, and it usually involves being control freaks." That, of course, does not apply to those with severe allergies or phobias. That isn't actual "hate."

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't sweat the small stuff. A life filled with the worry of what ifs, is no way to lead a happy life. Most of the time, the worry proves to be unfounded and nothing bad happens or it's not as bad as you thought and can come thru just fine and sometimes for the better.
Easier said than done...but I still try.

And the biggest lesson that you really don't fully believe until you've experienced life and have grown up a bit. People really don't give a poop about you (in a good way). So don't live your life thinking that everyone's judging you, most don't even notice you are there.