Question of the Day, Wednesday May 4, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This coming Sunday is Mother's Day. :bouquet: Some of us are moms, some of us have mothers who are living, some of us have memories of our mothers who passed away and some of us may have a father who took on the role of a mother and raised us.

QUESTION OF THE DAY - DO YOU HAVE PLANS FOR MOTHER'S DAY OR HOW DID YOU SPEND THE HOLIDAY WHEN YOUR MOM WAS LIVING?

My oldest is taking me out to a French Vietnamese restaurant that I love and haven't been to since before the pandemic. I'm really looking forward to it. When my mom was living she came over to our house. I cooked and baked a special meal for her as well as giving her a gift I thought she would appreciate.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck no! She doesn't celebrate because of her religion anyway. I wish I had a good mother like the rest of you. But at least I have my Dad. When is Father's Day? I should start celebrating that. I don't know my holidays because they were always banned by the demon lady. :devilish:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
French Vietnamese restaurant
That sounds good. I would have to drive 2 or 3 hours to find any restaurants like that. The only restaurants we have are Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, and Thai for other cultures. I'd like to try Indian food, but all I can find here is frozen!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom would always say: “Ohhhh never mind ME!” and: “This is just another commercial holiday where they get you to buy flowers that contribute to global warming” and we would give her flowers anyway -local ones- and she would love them. :) Now I don’t know what….quote some of her favorite poetry & talk to my sister.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele's mother has been gone since 2000; mine since 2008. What we got them depended on our finances at the time, but always at least a card, and flowers if we could afford them. One year I got her mother a Swarovski crystal hummingbird taking nectar from a flower. One of Michele's cousins has it now.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decorate inside the whole house the night before with flowers, balloons, streamers etc so it is the first thing she sees in the morning. Also got her some really nice gifts, including gardening goodies, almond biscotti treats from Italy that she loves, a pretty linen cover shawl and so forth and a bouquet of roses with a card.

Then the rest is up to her, usually we often go hiking or go out to lunch :)

She is a wonderful mom so I always try my best to spoil her rotten.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always send cards and usually I get my mother pre-potted flowers from the garden center so they last all summer. I went on Monday and dropped them off to her right afterwards since its right by her house. We usually go out to eat at whatever restaurant we choose but sometimes my stepdad and DH have grilled. Since I became a mom we’ve decided together.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't have any plans....peace and quiet and watching the race (Darlington!) sounds good to me.When we were kids,we always got Mom a card and some flowers...sometimes Dad would take her out to eat.As we got older,I can remember my sister and I putting our heads together and cooking her favorite meal,and that was always fun because we banned her from the kitchen.In the house I grew up in ,that was pretty easy as the kitchen was on the ground floor,so she didn't really need to be down there.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We always gave our mothers cards, sometimes flowers, but not often.

My mom is gone now. We'll take a card to Evelyn, but probably won't be able to visit with her because they're under quarantine, due to that "skin thing".

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've never celebrated unless you count the few times going out to eat at a restaurant with some relatives when I was a kid. Gifts / cards? Nope. Mom doesn't care for them. They just get stashed away deep into a closet never to be seen again in her lifetime.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am away from my kids, and my Mom is no longer with us. But I remember celebrating with her, with cake and all, like a birthday party every year.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plans. Nate, my youngest is out west hiking, daughter isn’t speaking to me (long story), and my eldest will be spending the day celebrating with his wife and daughter I imagine. He will call me. It hasn’t been a big holiday here since I used to have to work every Moms Day ( I was a florist). I was always to busy and tired to celebrate. My kids don’t seem to be sentimental anyway.