Question Of The Day, Wednesday, May 23, 2018

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH OH!

"And all will be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."
~Julian of Norwich

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad always says, "Just Do It!" which I really didn't like as a child, what with there always being some gruelling task to be done, but, as an adult, I have it written on my notice board in big green letters.

When my brother and I were small enough to share a room, my mum had a rather large poster pinned to our wall, which had a small child hanging, for dear life, onto a rope. The caption read, "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Now this wisdom has been in my mind ever since, and I've found it extremely useful throughout my life. But what my mum was thinking putting it on the wall of her 5 year old and 7 year old's bedroom, though, has always made me feel a wee bit uneasy.

And this is a quote that came in my daily "word of the day" email today, which I thought was quite apt (for me). I have huge respect for Mark Twain and could quote him all day long but I hadn't read this one before. So:

"What work I have done I have done because it has been play.
If it had been work I shouldn't have done it."
- Mark Twain

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Basil Rathbone from We 're No Angels: your opinion of me has no cash value.

Charlie Sheen from Two and a half men: I can tell you but I can't untell you.

from Arsenic and old lace: he just hid under the bed and wouldn't be anybody