Question Of The Day, Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Easy one. Give me your favorite quote. It can be from a famous person, or family, or a friend. It can be from a movie, a television show, or a book. It can be profound or profane (within the bounds of the TOS, of course!), deep or shallow, sublime or absurd. It can prod one's reasoning, or stretch one's soul, or tickle one's funny bone. Or it can just be pretty.

"In great deeds, something abides. On great fields, something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate the ground for the vision-place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not, and that we know not of, heart-drawn to see where great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision shall pass into their souls. Lt. Col. Joshua Chamberlain, "Bayonet! Forward: My Civil War Reminiscences"

This give me chills every time I read it. I lived for years on the edge of a Civil War battlefield, and have felt the shadow of that mighty presence more than once.

BUT HEY! I'm going to give you two for the price of one!

From my dad, who understood much about much, "Who knows from cats?"

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, there are so many.

From a button:
Gods don't kill people, people with Gods kill people.
From The Princess Bride:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
From Galaxy Quest:
{Gwen DeMarco}: They're not ALL "historical documents." Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a...

{All the Thermians moan in despair}

{Mathesar}: Those poor people.
From another button:
My patronus is a tribble with a sonic screwdriver piloting an X-wing into Mordor.
Margret

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dean: Because planes crash!
Sam: And apparently, clowns kill!

Dean: Driver picks the music, Sammy; shutgun shuts his cakehole

From Supernatural (You had to be there)