Question of the Day, Wednesday, May 11, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very Happy Whiskers Wednesday to all. :goldstar: The other day M maggiedemi mentioned eating pancakes on the What's for Dinner thread and I thought that was a great idea since you can eat them at any meal. Maybe not everyone but I think most people enjoy eating pancakes whether savory, sweet or plain. I really like pumpkin pancakes and eat them without any butter or syrup. I also enjoy buckwheat pancakes. DH loves Cinnabomb pancakes. They're filled with cinnamon roll brown sugar topped with cream cheese icing and cinnamon sugar.

QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF PANCAKES?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
fluffy plain pancakes with real maple syrup. It has only been the last 10 years or so that I have used real maple syrup. When I was in the store, I decided to buy a small bottle of pure maple syrup just to try it. I have not gone back to pancake syrup. The real maple syrup has a much better flavor, and it isn't as syrupy sweet as pancake syrup.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little weird. I like my pancakes small and crispy around the edges. I eat them with just butter. I'm not a fan when they are all big and fluffy and I don't really like maple syrup...it's too sweet. Some fresh blueberries is good though.

Jwall2022

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Blueberry pancakes are my favorite and my husband is the cook and I didn't care for pancakes until he made me some blueberry pancakes 🥞🥞 I have to say he definitely made it where I look forward to Saturday morning 😊😊

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Plain ones for me too. As much as possible I also eat them without butter and syrup.
I am weird.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My favorites were the corn cake pancakes they used to have at IHOP. They haven't had them in over 10 years😢. Recently though I've been liking crepes stuffed with bacon, spinach, and feta cheese.