QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Wednesday! 😸 This Saturday some of us will be turning our clocks ahead for daylight savings time.🕰 That means it will be darker when we wake up in the morning but it will stay light longer in the evening. Since I generally wake up early I don't look forward to it being dark but it will be nice to eat dinner and have it be light out.

QUESTION OF THE DAY -
ARE YOU AN EARLY RISER AND WILL THE CHANGE IN TIME AFFECT YOU OR YOUR CATS?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get up when J does. It was nicely 8-8:30ish over the winter, but lately it's been closer to 7. So if this means I get a few more weeks of later waking because it's darker in the morning, I will not complain!

Is this the tome change where it seems to the cats that they get fed early or late? They'll either be happy or unhappy. Mostly Sparkle.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn't realize it was time change weekend already. As an early riser, I won't love it being darker again at 6AM, however, I will love every minute of the sun being up later in the evening.

Is this the tome change where it seems to the cats that they get fed early or late?
They'll get fed an hour earlier.

1646836903766.png

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I would rather just sleep until I naturally wake up, but since Lola came to live with me I am on her schedule. When she decides it’s time to leave her room she will scream until I get up. So we will just have to see what happens with DST. I will likely be up an hour earlier.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get up according to the clock on work days (5am). I hate, loathe, despise, detest, and even don't like DST. I like the light to be in the morning, thank you very much. It will probably result in me sleeping "later" (until daylight arrives) on non work days, though (meaning that I will sleep until the same *real* time, just a different clock time). The cats are generally accepting of my schedule (with morning feeding of the cats to commence shortly after I become upright).

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am an early riser. This time change is harder for me to get used to than the one in the Fall. Charlotte my cat has gotten into this thing of thinking that 3 a.m. is playtime. I haven't rewarded her for it, but she is insistent. I guess now it will be 4 a.m. which is an improvement.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'll lose an hour of sleep. . .but for some reason my body adjusts better to this time change. I just never really adjust to standard time, even with the extra hour of sleep. It won't affect the cats because I don't have a set time to feed them, so they're used to an erratic schedule.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get up early because I have no choice. It's either feed the cats or listen to one whining non-stop or the other one trying to scalp me :crazy: The start of daylight savings time doesn't affect either.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an early riser by nature, so that part is no big deal. The only effect is that Michele has the Wi-Fi shut down for 15 minutes every morning at 3:30, and it doesn't change when the clocks do, so I will have to wait to check e-mails and such until almost 5:00.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to go to bed around 3. I have been trying to change that since my daughter's schedule has changed a couple of times and messed with Hobbit's sleep pattern. When he would stay over, he used to get up at 9/10, and I would be up by 8. Now, he is getting up between 7 and 8:30 and has been staying most nights for the last month. Needless to say, I am tired. I am working to adjust both.

My schedule is not an easy switch because my PTSD gives me insomnia and night terrors that wake me. I do not take my sleep medication when he is here out of fear I will not hear him wake up, so the insomnia and night terrors are worse.

Last edited: