Question of the Day, Wednesday, March 15, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :kneading: Did you know that March is National Caffeine Awareness Month? I heard about it on the news today and since I confess I'm addicted to coffee I thought I would ask about this subject for QOD. Please keep in mind that caffeine is not in coffee only. It's also found in tea, sodas, chocolate, energy drinks and some coffee flavored foods, such as coffee ice cream, coffee cake, mole, etc.

DO YOU EAT OR DRINK ANY CAFFEINE FOODS/BEVERAGES? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY?

Last edited by a moderator:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee in the am, soft drinks In the afternoon, no caffeine after dinner. Never drink anything with alcohol in it because I despise the taste.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cut out caffeine for a couple years but slowly added it back during the pandemic shutdown. I was drinking half-caff but now I’m up to one big coffee a day. I do drink tea sometimes and eat chocolate and things too; but I try to not go overboard.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cup of coffee in the morning and I bring my thermos of tea for at work during the day. I sometimes indulge in chocolate but don't have a big sweet tooth so it's not that often and occasionally have a pepsi.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I enjoy coffee — 1/2 decaffeinated and 1/2 "full strength ". Sometimes I have a diet MountainDew "soda pop " — lots of caffeine in that stuff ! :drinking:
s-l400.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
One cup of high-octane coffee every morning (or I get a headache).
Sometimes we'll go on an iced tea kick and we'll have iced tea during the day, also high octane.
3 - 4 glasses of high octane Pepsi a week.

I used to drink diet soda (Mt. Dew was the only diet soda I could stand), but my doctor pleaded with me to stay away from it. He said he'd rather see me drinking a two-liter bottle of regular soda every day than one can of diet soda. And he was serious. No, I don't drink that much soda, but I haven't had a diet drink in years.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two cups of tea per day is all. I drink almost no soda pop; I don't recall when last I had any, and I despise the taste of energy drinks, so they are out.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't drink caffeine for years but then I started drinking caffeinated pop more regularly about a year ago. I've never had coffee and I refuse to try it, so all of my caffeine consumption is through pop. I've also never had an energy drink and never will.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry, this was supposed to be ANY CAFFEINE FOODS/BEVERAGES but autocorrect changed it. :doh:
Fixed it for you.

;)

I'm careful with my diet so I don't drink any sugary drinks or eat chocolate. I love tea and coffee though. 2 cups of coffee in the morning, 2 cups of tea in the afternoon, another coffee around 5 pm and then herbal teas after that.

I keep reading about all the benefits of coffee. I don't think there is any harm in drinking it

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fixed it for you.

;)

I'm careful with my diet so I don't drink any sugary drinks or eat chocolate. I love tea and coffee though. 2 cups of coffee in the morning, 2 cups of tea in the afternoon, another coffee around 5 pm and then herbal teas after that.

I keep reading about all the benefits of coffee. I don't think there is any harm in drinking it
I think good quality coffee is beneficial, too.
I drink plain black coffee every morning, and oftentimes green or peppermint tea or coffee around 1PM. I try to not drink caffeine after 1-2 PM. I have de-caff green tea if I want some later on in the day. I drink Pepsi maybe 1-2 times a year.

Arya Underfoot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A small can of Coke in the afternoon is all I have, as I don't drink tea or coffee, not fond of the flavour and not a warm drink person, I also don't drink milk, can't stand any milk flavoured drinks. When I used to work I would often drink a V energy drink to wake me up but haven't worked for 5 years now 🙁 . I do enjoy chocolate in the evening, can't live without it!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our coffee is half caff,and that's all I have of it is my 2 cups in the morning.I'm not a soda drinker,but I do drink carbonated water when I get a craving.All my teas are decaf.I have to be careful with the amount of caffeine I consume so I steer clear as best I can.