Question Of The Day, Wednesday, March 14

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh good grief. What a day...my days and nights are utterly upside down now, which leads us to the question,

How many of us who live in the US are still struggling to adjust to the time change, and how many are over it? And if you don't live in the US, would you want to deal with the clock bouncing around twice a year?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good question. I have been taking naps this week, but I think that was more because doing report cards is tiring than the time change. It doesn't normally bother me for more than a day, but I have a lot of practice going one time zone over so maybe that's why one hour is no biggie.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Truthfully? I don't understand the big deal. It happens and I deal with it. I look forward to springing ahead and the longer days. I'm not any more tired after changing the clocks than I am before, so I don't get the brouhaha.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think the cats and rabbit are having a harder time then me. Probably because my start time at work fluctuates by 2 hours depending on too many factors and my end time is within an hour window. It really doesn't feel like I am waking up any earlier or leaving any earlier because I typically am within a window of time instead of at a set time.

The cats and the rabbit though are very confused about why I get home before it starts getting dark. They want dinner when I get home but the light is still out so they want back out again after dinner. It's very confusing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are almost adjusted. It kind of makes it seem like the kids are sleeping late. Fall behind was always way harder when they were little. I've had friends get 4:30 wake up calls from their babies. Thats cruel to me. I am NOT a morning person!! I have tried just adjusting our day before. That was better.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Can't stand it. Why can't we keep it on DST and leave it the heck alone? I am tired every morning-like I feel sick with a cold but it's because I can't fall asleep early enough. So yeah I hope we keep it the same-It doesn't matter to me whether it's dark later or earlier. Just hate the change-messes up my body and sleep.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It hasnt happened here in UK yet, another couple of weeks but it doesnt seem to make any difference to me. The first day seems a little longer or shorter but thats it.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's never bothered me,but I am a night person so the change happens while I am awake. I'm more effected by the full moon. (insert joke about cat butt here)

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually wish we'd stay on standard time. I'd rather it be light in the morning than at night. I do not look forward to daylight saving time.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We're all still adjusting here. A big DITTO to N nansiludie - I'd rather stay on standard time too. Unless we can find a way to "fall back" and get an extra hour of sleep every weekend. I'd be all for that. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I actually wish we'd stay on standard time. I'd rather it be light in the morning than at night. I do not look forward to daylight saving time.
I'm with you. I'm a night person to begin with, and, frankly, I prefer it getting dark early just so that the little pack of hooligans that runs rampant in my apartment complex go in earlier. There are about a dozen of them, and not a parent in sight. These are 5-10 year olds. I just don't get that. I actually told one group to get away from the dumpsters. They had found a discarded full-length mirror and were stomping on it and playing with the broken shards. One of the mothers told me I had no business disciplining her child. I told her fine, next time he could cut his wrists on the broken glass and I wouldn't open my mouth. She was STUNNED that that was what they were doing. Goodness knows what the child told her. All is well between us now, but ONE PARENT watching would have avoided ALL of that.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eh, when I remember all the stuff we did as kids, I wonder if too much parental supervision is a good thing. I'm pretty sure we could have killed ourselves a zillion times. I think that's what made us who we were. That's part of learning independence. But it is totally reasonable for any adult to holler "hey you kids get away from that glass!" Getting hollered at is also part of independence ;).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I get what you are saying, but unsupervised children that young playing in a busy parking lot and drive way, AND playing unattended in our storm water ditches, AND playing with broken glass in dumpsters, just smacks of a disaster waiting to happen. If they were all 10 or better, I wouldn't worry so much, but the 5 year olds really should be watched with all the traffic in and out.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am still struggling with the time change. My body adjusts better to the fall back than to the spring forward.