Question of the Day, Wednesday, March 13, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :dancingblackcat: I don’t charge my cell phone until the battery is down to approx. 25-30%. It’s an older phone and takes about 3- 4 hours to fully charge. I usually charge it at night or later in the day so I have a full charge for the next day. How about you?

WHAT ARE YOUR CELL PHONE HABITS? HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHARGE YOUR PHONE? WHAT % DO YOU WAIT UNTIL THE BATTERY IS DOWN TO AND WHEN DO YOU CHARGE IT, MORNING, NOON OR NIGHT?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My phone gets charged in the car because I need it hooked up to a cord to get my Waze app to work through the infotainment screen. Otherwise, it gets charged whenever I see it getting below 40%. That usually happens over weekends and there is no set time for charging it. Just when I notice it's getting low.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get anxious if my battery gets too low. I charge my phone overnight by my bed and downstairs charge my external battery charge thing, and I'll hook it up to my phone midday if my battery gets below like 75.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use my phone all that much, so I can usually go four or five days between charges, and I never let it get below a 30% charge. I also turn it off at night while it's charging.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I get anxious if my battery gets too low.
Ditto! :yeah:

If I know I'm going to be out all day and the battery is lower than I feel comfortable with it makes me nervous. I don't charge it when out although I have seen people charge their phones at the gym, coffee shop, restaurant, on the train, airport, etc. In fact, I was out with my daughter for lunch and someone left their phone charging at an outlet next to a table but the people sitting at the table were not the owners. The wait staff asked multiple people who the phone belonged to but no one said it was theirs. About a half hour later a woman came in frantically looking for her phone. She's lucky no one claimed it and the restaurant manager was holding it.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ll charge it when it gets in the 70s. We live in both wildfire and earthquake zones, so it’s part of my emergency preparedness to keep it charged. (Same with my car: never below half.)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm one of the last people on earth that don't have a cell phone, so my only phone habit is responding to people who think I'm crazy for not having one. :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I charge it any time it’s low, and by low I mean less than half. I also charge it before I go out, because it won’t be done again before I get home.
I prefer to use my iPad at home. The phone has such a tiny screen. I only use it if I wake up early (like now) and can’t be bothered with the iPad.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I charge it overnight. I work remote so I use my cell phone a lot of work. I have a phone through my work equipment but I don't like to use it with the headphones. I do medical billing and I use the system phone when I call insurance companies because of PHI, it is more secure than a cell phone.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor, poor cell phone habits. It is an old Iphone with an old weak battery and must be plugged in every night. Unfortunately I usually remember that when I pull it out of my purse, so dead I don’t even get a red bar until it sits in the charger for a few minutes. As I type this, I stop to take the dead phone out of my purse and put it on the charger. It’s good that I hardly ever need to use it.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just have the one cell,and it doesn't get used very much.It probably get charged every week or so.I never pay attention to what percentage the battery is....when the notification turns red,it's time,and I charge it overnight.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm one of the last people on earth that don't have a cell phone, so my only phone habit is responding to people who think I'm crazy for not having one. :lol:
I very reluctantly got a flip phone, refuse to get a smart phone. Mainly used to text "we're home" to my Mom after we drove home from a visit. I am trying much more to make sure that I don't let it go completely dead between charges, because after Dad's death, I am now Mom's primary health care proxy. If it weren't for that, I'd completely ditch the cell phone. (I said that to my kids once and they had a horrified "but what if you weren't home when we called?" reaction, and I told them that that's why the answering machine was invented.)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch YouTube on my phone while I'm working but keep the phone plugged in the entire time. I could get away with not plugging it in, but if I need to leave the house, I want to make sure the battery life is on the higher end. It's more of an anxiety thing than anything. I charge my phone at night too, but once I unplug it after work, it's usually only at 85% or 90% by the time I go to bed.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cellphone is my only communication device voice wise. I sometimes charge it through the Day if the battery drops too 50%. I regularly Charge it overnight. My backup is a Tablet. Though not setup for phone.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't have one:paperbag:
Right on!!!! Welcome to the club....we now have 2 members!!!! :lol:

that's why the answering machine was invented
Exactly! I may sound cranky saying this, but I don't want nor need to be accessible 24/7. If I don't answer the phone, I'm busy. I get the whole "but what about emergencies?"...well, knock on wood, but I have never been in an emergency situation where I needed to be reached or that I needed to reach someone else "right now!"...I guess I lead a very dull life...just how I like it. :)

We are reaching a point in society where I'm probably going to have to get one soon though...so many things require apps and such, and it's becoming more difficult to be "part of society" without one.....not that I care THAT much.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Right on!!!! Welcome to the club....we now have 2 members!!!! :lol:

Exactly! I may sound cranky saying this, but I don't want nor need to be accessible 24/7. If I don't answer the phone, I'm busy. I get the whole "but what about emergencies?"...well, knock on wood, but I have never been in an emergency situation where I needed to be reached or that I needed to reach someone else "right now!"...I guess I lead a very dull life...just how I like it. :)

We are reaching a point in society where I'm probably going to have to get one soon though...so many things require apps and such, and it's becoming more difficult to be "part of society" without one.....not that I care THAT much.
It’s not so much just phone calls, I could live without being available but I could never find my way to or from anywhere I hadnt been before without turn by turn navigation help.